- 2 tbsp rolled oats
- 1 tbsp Pepita Seeds
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp flaxseeds
- 100 g rye grains, or can use Spelt Flour
- 2 tbsp psyllium husks
- 400 g Flour, Plain, Bread Flour
- 2 tsp dried instant yeast
- 1 tsp bread improver
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 425 g warm water, tap 100 F
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp oil, olive, extra virgin
- 1 tbsp honey, natural
- Mill first six ingredients for 1 min/sp 9.
- Add Bread flour, yeast, bread improver and sesame seeds and mix 20 sec/sp 4.
- Add water, salt, oil and honey and knead 8mins. Allow to prove in thermomix bowl for approx 30-45 mins. Then empty onto thermomat or floured surface and deflate and fold corners into middle gently by hand.
Form a loaf making sure to pinch seam of bread and roll into loaf shape and place into large loaf tin (30cm x 10cm). Preheat oven to fan forced 200oC. Cover with oiled cling wrap and prove for a further 30mins or till doubled in size.
Slash loaf with razor blade and spray top with water. Bring kettle to boil and position a tray in bottom of oven and place loaf tin on shelf immediately above. Pour 1/2 cup boiling water to bottom tray to create steam and immediately close oven door.
Bake for 10 mins then reduce temperature to 180oC for another 20 mins. Remove from tin and bake for another 5 mins.
Internal temperature of the bread should be 200F.
You can make into bread rolls by following above steps but divide into 8 to 10 rolls and place on oven tray to prove covered with oiled cling wrap or damp cloth. Slash and spray with water as for loaf and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
Bake for 5 mins at 200oC then reduce to 180oC for a further 15-20mins. Rolls should sound hollow when tapped on the bottom.
Add and Knead
Accessories you need
When making bread for the first time it is handy to check the internal temperature so that you know your bread is properly cooked. Bread is cooked when the internal temperature reaches 200 degree F.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Anne's Tomato Relish
- Chelsea Winter's Crazy Italian chocolate cake (egg free, dairy free)
- Raspberry Rounds
- Nana’s (Now Mum’s) Welsh Cakes
- Apple and sultana muffins
- Herby Ricotta & Courgette Muffins
- Pumpkin Butter Chicken
- Basilico Spago
- Corn and Turmeric Chowder
- Coconut and Pea Soup
- Chocolate Sweet Potato Fudge
- Pizza Bread Pull Apart