- 500 grams Bakers Four, Plus extra for dusting
- 10 grams salt
- 75 grams caster sugar, Divided, 60g &amp; 15g
- 30 grams fresh yeast
- 40 grams Butter, Cubed and softened
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 120 grams WARM milk
- 160 grams cold water
- 80 grams mixed peel
- 3 Dried Apricot halves, roughly chopped
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, cored and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 75 grams plain flour
- 75 grams water
- 75 grams Warmed Marmalade
4h 0minPreparation 4h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Chop apricots, roughly chopped, Set aside.
Chop apple very coarsely, Set aside.
To the TM add milk, yeast & 15g Sugar, 2 Minutes, 37C, Speed 2.
Let sit for 5 Minutes.
Add flour, salt, remaining sugar, butter, eggs.
Knead, 5-10 Minutes,
Add the water, a little at a time, until all the flour has been picked up from the sides of the bowl.
You may not need to add all the water, or none at all, you may need to add a little more you want dough that is soft, but not soggy.
Use the mixture to clean the inside of the bowl and keep going until the mixture forms a rough dough.
Work through the initial wet stage until the dough starts to form a soft, smooth skin. When your dough feels smooth and silky, put it into a lightly oiled large bowl.
Cover with a tea towel (I use a shower cap) and leave to rise until at least doubled in size – at least 1 hour, if need to do something else (shopping) it’s okay to leave it for even 2 to 3 hours.
Tip the dough onto a lightly floured surface / Thermomix and scatter the sultanas, mixed peel, apricots, apple and cinnamon on top.
Knead in until evenly incorporated.
Cover again and leave to rise for a further hour.
Knead the dough until all the air is knocked out.
Divide into 12 pieces and roll into about 116g balls.
Place, fairly close together, on a baking trays lined with baking parchment or silicone paper.
Cover the tray again and leave to rest for 1 hour, or until the dough is at least doubled in size and springs back quickly if you prod it lightly with your finger.
Meanwhile, heat your oven to 220°C, Fan forced 200C
While oven is heating up make the cross mixture,
Using a piping bag fitted with a fine nozzle, pipe crosses on the buns.
Bake for 20 Minutes, or until golden brown.
Warm the jam with a splash of water, sieve and brush over the tops of the warm buns to glaze.
Cool on a wire rack.
Hot Cross Buns
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C.
We use Australian tablespoons and cups:
1 teaspoon equals 5 ml;
1 tablespoon equals 20 ml;
1 cup equals 250 ml.
All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed.
All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified.
All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- LS Spelt Bread
- ❤Spinach & fetta and pull-apart bread❤
- Tear and share brie, garlic + herb bread wreath
- Quick and easy bread rolls
- NO WHEAT, LOW GLUTEN RAISIN BREAD
- Gina’s Scone Loaf
- Fruit Bread
- Nutty Low Carb Bread
- Japanese milk bread
- Challah (traditional Jewish celebratory plaited loaf)
- Scrolls (Lactose Free)
- SIMPLE PASSION FRUIT ICE CREAM
- Grantham Ginger Crunchies
- Butterscotch Cream Ice-Cream
- FRESH CHERRY ICE CREAM
- Crayfish and Prawn Dip
- Piri Piri Seasoning
- Slow-Cooked Beef Curry
- GARLIC PRAWN & CRAB DIP
- Vegetarian Chicken Flavoured Stock Powder
- Osram’s Christmas Nuts & Bolts
- Chillied Corn Fritters
- CANDIED MANDARIN PEEL
- Caramel Hedgehog Slice
- CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD
- PASSIONFRUIT CHEESECAKE SLICE
- Infant/toddler beef and veggie casserole
- Lentil chocolate chip cookies - gluten free
- Vegetarian 'meatballs' (contains Nuts)
- Coconut and Cashew Butter
- Infant/toddler veggie dhal
- Honey Jumble Cake
- LS Spelt Bread
- Mushroom & Vegetable Quinotto (Vegetarian)
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook