THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 60 g psyllium husks
- 80 g Coconut Flour
- 30 g chia seeds
- 25 g Linseeds
- 25 g pepitas
- 25 g sesame seeds
- 20 g sunflower seeds
- 4 level tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Himalayan pink sea salt, or to taste
- 400 g water
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp light flavoured olive oil
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C
2. Place a jug or a bowl onto mixing bowl lid and weigh in 400 g water, then add 3 eggs and 2 tbsp olive oil. Lightly whisk mixture with a fork and set aside
3. Place psyllium husks into bowl and grind 1 min/speed 10 - MC in place
4. Add coconut flour, chia seeds, linseeds, pepitas, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, baking powder and salt and mix 10 sec/speed 6 - MC in place
5. Add previously mixed wet ingredients and mix 15 sec/speed 7 - MC in place
6. Working quickly, turn out dough onto baking paper and roll into a long round log. Cut into rounds (I make 10) then turn these on their side and place onto pre-prapared baking tray lined with baking paper, re-shaping into a circle if they have been flattened while cutting (see additional photos). Add additional seeds to the top of the buns if desired
7. Place into oven and cook for 25 to 30 minutes. Time will vary depending on the size of the buns and your oven. Press the top of the buns - if they spring back then they are cooked
Accessories you need
I use Bonvit psyllium husks. I find that this brand produces a brown coloured bun. Some brands of psyllium husks turn the buns a purple colour once cooked. This does not affect the taste but it is a little unusual eating purple buns! These buns are delicious fresh or toasted. They keep for a few days in the fridge and also freeze really well.
If you would like a video reference for these buns, please have a look at my YouTube video - https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=msb_kC2URrc
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Italian focaccia - Paleo, LCHF, Grain free, Sugar free, Nut free and Gluten free
- LCHF, Paleo Chilli Cauliflower Rice
- Better than Nonna's Bolognese
- LCHF Salmon Rissoles, Gluten Free
- LCHF Chocolate Nutty Crunch, Dairy Free with Paleo option
- Paleo, Vegan, Refined Sugar Free Banana Ice Cream
- Meat and three veg
- LCHF Cauliflower Mash
- Paleo Chocolate Ice Cream (Dairy free, Sugar free, Nut free)
- LCHF Creamy Cauliflower Rice
- Dairy free, Almond milk chocolate panna cotta (using home made almond milk)
- LCHF Roasted Cabbage Soup