- 200 grams Hong Kong Pau Flour, (can sub with SR flour)
- 120 grams 90gm milk + 30 gm hot water
- 1 sachet instant yeast, or 7 gm Instant yeast
- 30 grams Corn Flour
- 15 grams peanut oil/other vege oil, (neutral in flavour)
- 30 grams raw sugar
1. Add Milk, water and instant yeast in mixing bowl and let it rest for 5 minutes.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix at 10-15 seconds/speed 5.
3. Knead for 1.5mins/
5. Leave dough to rest for 5-10 minutes.
6. Shape dough. You can roll into a rectangle shape, using a pastry brush - brush water onto the top layer before rolling into a log, cutting it in 7-8 cms, OR you can shape into balls.(Size : slightly bigger than golf balls)
7. Place in Varoma tray lined with baking paper, and steam 15 min/Varoma/speed 4.
This makes about 12-15 balls.
Doubling the recipe is not a problem just watch out for the texture of the dough. You might want to reduce sugar, it's optional.
Also note : If SR flour is used, then the colour will be slightly discoloured, but texture and taste is not affected.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Crunchy French baguettes
- Oatmeal bread
- Gluten Free Tortillas
- Brötchen (German bread rolls)
- Spelt and Pumpkin seed Bread (lower GI, higher protein, multigrain and seeds)
- Langos (Hungarian fried potato bread)
- Sweet potato bread
- Cheese Sandwich
- "Fluffy French Toast w Puddles of Love"
- Rice bread
- Mexican Sandwich
- Quick & Easy Banana Date Loaf
- Banana & Date Cake (Sugar Free)
- Orange Chiffon Cake
- Malaysian Thick Satay Peanut Sauce
- Kaya (Coconut custard jam) - Thick and smooth
- 10 Minutes Authentic Clear Tom Yum Goong
- (Converted) Adam Liaw's Char Siu Pork Neck
- Steamed Mua Chee (Glutinous Rice Dollops with Peanut Sugar Crumbs)
- Tomato with Curry Leaves Soup
- Pane Al Cioccolato (Chocolate Chip Bun)
- Chinese New Year - Pineapple Jam Tarts
- Chinese New Year - Peanut Cookies