- 500 grams plain flour
- 250 grams lukewarm water
- 25 grams sugar
- 30 grams fresh yeast, or 1 sachet of dried yeast
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 litre water, for steaming
- 16 pieces Baking paper, approx 7cm x 7cm
1. Mill sugar 10 seconds / speed 10.
2. Add yeast, 250g lukewarm water, oil, and mix 5 seconds / speed 6.
3. Add flour, and mix 30 seconds / speed 6, or until incorporated.
4. Turn to closed lid position, 3 minutes / knead.
5. Turn onto Thermo Mat or clean bench and bring dough together, wrap dough loosely in ThermoMat or place into a large bowl with wet teatowel covering, and keep in warm place for 1 hour (or doubled in size).
6. Punch air out, shape into a log and using spatula cut into 16 pieces.
7. Arrange the dough pieces in the Varoma with baking paper on the bottom of each dough piece.
8. Add 1L cold water into TM bowl, rest Varoma on top, steam 25 minutes / Varoma / speed 2.
9. Rest for a few minutes before opening lid.
10. Open Varoma lid (away from you) and allow to cool for a few minutes before enjoying your mantou steamed buns!
- You can fill them before steaming with your favourite fillings, e.g. chashiu (BBQ pork), custard, chocolate, nutella, kaya (coconut jam), or just dip/spread after steaming;
- You can also steam you mantou buns while cooking something in the TM bowl;
- You can even fry them (after they have been steamed) and dip into condensed milk =D
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- LS Spelt Bread
- ❤Spinach & fetta and pull-apart bread❤
- Tear and share brie, garlic + herb bread wreath
- Quick and easy bread rolls
- NO WHEAT, LOW GLUTEN RAISIN BREAD
- Gina’s Scone Loaf
- Fruit Bread
- Nutty Low Carb Bread
- Japanese milk bread
- Challah (traditional Jewish celebratory plaited loaf)
- Scrolls (Lactose Free)
- The Daily Mix - Bolognese Sauce
- Caramel Hedgehog Slice
- Delicious healthy version of Lemon Slice - Dairy Free
- Strawberry Frozen yogurt
- CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD
- PASSIONFRUIT CHEESECAKE SLICE
- Infant/toddler beef and veggie casserole
- Lentil chocolate chip cookies - gluten free
- Vegetarian 'meatballs' (contains Nuts)
- Coconut and Cashew Butter
- Nutella Cookies
- Infant/toddler veggie dhal