- 2 garlic cloves, (peeled)
- 3-4 spring onions, (trimmed, chopped into thirds)
- 10 sprigs flat leaf parsley or coriander, (leaves only)
- 2cm piece of ginger, (peeled)
- 1 long red chilli - or to taste, (seeded)
- 500 grams Jap or Butternut pumpkin, (peel removed, 2cm cubes)
- 1 level teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 level teaspoon salt
- 50 grams vegetable oil
- 500 grams self-raising flour
- Place garlic, spring onions, parsley or coriander, ginger and red chilli into the Thermomix Bowl and blitz for 3 seconds/speed 8. Set aside.
- Without cleaning the bowl add 500 grams of cubed pumpkin into the Thermomix Bowl and chop for 10 seconds/speed 6. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl with spatula and cook pumpkin for 10 minutes/100 degrees/speed 2. Allow to cool slightly.
Add reserved herbs and spices back into the Thermomix bowl.
Add cumin, salt, vegetable oil and self raising flour. Mix all ingredients for 6 seconds/speed 6. The amount of flour needed may increase slightly depending on the moisture content of the pumpkin.
- Transfer the rough scone dough onto a floured surface or ThermoMat and roll scone like dough into a rough circle.
- Divide dough into 4 equal portions.
- Using a rolling pin, roll each portion into a rough circles, about the same size and as a thick pita bread.
- Transfer each flat bread portion to a plate and layer with a piece of greaseproof paper until ready for cooking. This dough can be prepared a few hours ahead of cooking time.
- Place flat bread dough onto a pre-heated BBQ and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side. Brush with olive oil.
- Cut into wedges and serve with dips or serve with your meal.
My friend Linda serves this delicious bread at summer BBQs. My family have loved this recipe, so I thought I would adapt with the Thermomix - it's so easy to make!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate raspberry muffins
- Gussie's Biscuits
- Banana & Raspberry Cake
- Aglio Olio
- Greek Yoghurt Ranch Dip
- Vegan Spanakopita / Spanakopitakia (Pumpkin, Spinach & Feta triangles)
- Jalepeno and Lime sauce
- Golden Sultana Cake
- Artisan apple bread
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Lucuma Ice Cream