- 100 g sunflower seeds
- 100 g pepitas
- 100 g sesame seeds
- 100 g organic rolled oats
- 100 g chia seeds
- 100 g Linseeds
- 100 g poppy seeds
- 100 g Boiling water
- 150 g seed mix
- 340 g water
- 2 teaspoons dried instant yeast
- 1 teaspoons honey
- 640 g Wholemeal Bakers Flour, i use organic unbleached
- 2 teaspoons bread improver, i use all natural simply no knead bread improver
- 30 g olive oil
- 2 teaspoon pink himalayan rock salt (fine), any salt will do
weigh all seed ingredients to the bowl and turbo a few times just to break the seeds up a little.
you can use anything you like in this mix. I make a bulk mixture (which is what this recipe is for ) so it will do for 4 loaves
1. weigh the seed amount into a spare bowl (you can do this on top of the thermomix to use the scales) and then add the boiling water. mix and set aside for 5 minutes to soak
2. add water (340g) to the thermomix bowl and add yeast and honey. Mix 3 minutes, 37 degrees, speed 3
3. then add flour, bread improver, oil and salt in that order and mix 40 sec, speed 3
4. add soaked seed mixture to thermomix bowl and knead for 9 minutes interval speed (or knead function)
5. remove dough from thermomix bowl and rest in thermomat for 20 minutes
6. punch down, shape the dough, ( i like to put it into 4 even balls) and then add to jumbo bread tin
7. add to cold oven with a pan of boiling water in the bottom to rise to the top of the tin. this could take anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour.
8. if using a lid add once the dough has reached level with the tin
9. leave bread tin in oven and turn oven on to 200 degrees c fan forced. bake for 16 minutes then turn tin and bake for a further 16 minutes
Note - Safe to make in a TM31 & TM5. Always check your manual/cookbook for weight limits just to be sure.
Accessories you need
1. you can use apple cider vinegar as a bread imporver instead. replace with 2 tps. i havent tested this
2. make sure your bread has proofed enough before baking. it should be nearly at or level with the top of the tin. if you want a high top loaf allow it to proof longer but dont over proof
3. results can vary depending on the quality and type of wholemeal bakers flour you use so you may need to add more flour or more water to the dough if its too wet or dry
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Kahlua chocolate fudge
- Wholefood Orange Quinoa Muesli slice
- Carrot wraps (base recipe from TRTLMT) CAN BE DONE IN EITHER MODEL 31 or 5
- Chocolate Molten cakes
- Speculaas Biscuits - in either tm31 or tm5
- Raspberry and Vanilla Coconut Pannacotta
- Oat Bikkies
- Donna Hay's mango and coconut ice cream bars
- Awesome white chocolate mud cupcakes
- Wholemeal Bread (adapted from RTLMT My Go to Bread Recipe)
- Banana & Caco Brekie Smoothie