- rind of 1 orange
- 100 grams caster sugar
- 200 grams WARM milk
- 1 tablespoon dried yeast
- 500 grams bakers flour
- 55 grams Butter
- 2 tsp bread improver
- 2 tsp malt barley, (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 60ml orange juice
- 130 grams choc chips
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 55 grams caster sugar
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
1. Add orange rind to the and blitz sp9/10 seconds.
2. Add all remaining ingredients in the order listed, except for the choc chips.
3. Blend to combine sp7/15 seconds.
4. Knead 5 minutes.
5. Tip onto a floured/greased surface and knead the choc chips in by hand.
6. Shape into a ball and prove in your usual way for 45 minutes.
7. Punch down the dough and shape into 12 rolls.
8. Place onto a greased large lamington tray, almost touching.
9. Rise, covered in a warm place, for 30+ minutes, or until doubled in size.
!0. Meanwhile make the crosses.
Preheat the oven to 180°C
1. Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl, stir until smooth.
2. Spoon into a piping bag and pipe over the risen buns.
3. Place buns into the oven for 18-20 minutes or until golden and cooked when tested.
4. Leave on the tray until glazed.
1. Add all the ingredients to the, 50°C/5 minutes/sp2, or until the sugar has melted.
2. Brush over the tops of the warm buns before placing on a rack to cool slightly before serving.
Something different to the usual Hot Cross Buns...
Leave the crosses off and enjoy them at anytime of the year..
You will need a total of 2-3 oranges for this recipe.
Join my FaceBook group "Thermify me" and my page "Thermify me Breadwinners" for more recipes and tips, and information on cooking class schedules.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- German spelt bread
- Wholemeal Spinach and Cheese Scroll - WA School Canteen Approved (Green)
- Milk loaf
- Gluten Free Pizza Dough
- Ruth’s Sourdough Rye Turkish Bread
- Black Buger Buns
- Gf cheese and onion mini breads
- brioche rolls masterchef
- Sue’s White Bread Loaf
- Low FODMAP Easy Everyday White Bread
- Wholemeal rolls
- Dutch Oven Bread (crunchy crust) *** WARNING - THIS BREAD NEEDS 12 HOURS OR OVERNIGHT TO RISE!!!
- Mushroom risotto
- Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Sugar Free Apple and Berry Muffins
- Lime self saucing pudding
- Pumpkin Soup
- Lemon [or] Orange Cake
- Custard Cake
- Butter Ganache
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel Mars Bar Slice
- Meatball Surprise Soup
- Pie maker Bacon, leek and mushroom pies
- Vanilla Slice Italian
- Banana oat cookies (dairy free, egg free, nut free)