- 390 g plain flour or bakers flour, (plus extra for rolling)
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp dried yeast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 275 g water
Recipe is created for
Add salt, flour, yeast, olive oil and water to TMX bowl in that order.
Mix on speed 4 for 10 seconds.
Knead on interval for 3 minutes.
Let the dough rest in the TMX bowl for 15 minutes.
After 15 minutes, knead on interval for 1 minute.
Remove dough from TMX bowl to a bowl and thermomat or floured surface. **see tips section**
Flour and roll out individual pita breads. Do them thinner than you think, as the yeast makes them rise.
Cook on a dry frying pan for 2-3 minutes, medium heat, each side or until slightly browned.
Wrap in a teatowel to keep warm.
** tip **
Yes this dough is sticky! Its meant to be Put it from the thermomix into a bowl and pull out small rounds of dough. Use extra flour while rolling and this will perfect them.
Thank you to Amy Nunn for the second photo which looks much nicer than the original
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- CARAMELITAS (SALTED CARAMEL FLAPJACKS)
- Vegemite and Cheese Stackers
- Best Ever BBQ Sauce - Weebindi Version
- White Jumbo Soft and Fluffy Bread
- Clinker Cheesecake Slice
- Red Wine Brownies with Walnuts and Drunken Cranberries
- Chicken and Sweetcorn Puree - Annabel Karmel Recipe
- The English Carrot
- Variation Ginger and Soy Glazed Salmon with Bok Choy and Coconut Rice
- Thermo Papa's veg loaded pizza sauce
- Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Pizza Dough
- JCN Protein Balls (sugar free)