- • 260 g (3 small) white potatoes, peeled and halved
- • 250 g warm (37 C) potato water
- • 15 g Butter
- • 1 rounded teaspoon active dry yeast
- • 3 t sugar
- • 1 t salt
- • 410 g bread flour
- • Egg white, lightly beaten (optional)
2h 30minPreparation 15minBaking/Cooking 45min
8Recipe is created for
1. Put potato in TX Basket with 350 g of water in bowl. Set time to 20 minutes, temp 100 and speed 4 or until they break apart when stuck with a fork. They can be tested with a fork through the lid. When cooked remove basket. Pour water from bowl to jug. Put potato into bowl. Mash slightly speed 3 for 2 – 3 sec. Add 250 g potato water to bowl. If not enough add warm water to make up. Add butter to bowl and stir speed 3 until melted. About 20 – 30 sec. Leave until the potato mix is 37 degrees C.2. Add yeast, sugar, and salt. Mix in bread flour to make a thick dough. Speed 5 – 7 until mixed. Set time to 3 minutes lock lid and set to interval. Leave in the bowl with lid in place and let rise for 1 hour in a warm, draft-free place.3. Set time to 2 min, lock lid and set to interval. Divide and form as per your wish. It will make two small loaf pans or free form loaves. Cover loaves with kitchen towel and let rise in a warm, draft-free place for 30-45 minutes or until dough is double in bulk.4. Preheat oven to 180 C.5. Uncover bread and brush on egg white for glossy look. Bake at 180 degrees C for 45 minutes or until bread sounds hollow when tapped on. Let bread cool on rack. Serve warm or cold.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Using All About Breads mixes
- Pita Bread; Gluten Free, Yeast Free
- Basic Sour Dough Bread
- Chilli Cornbread
- Never Fail Fluffy Bread
- Italian focaccia - Paleo, LCHF, Grain free, Sugar free, Nut free and Gluten free
- Pumpkin and sunflower seed bread (smaller size)
- Simple White Loaf
- Gluten Free Naan
- Large Low Carb Bread Rolls
- Clone of Cyndi's Gluten Free Bread
- Chocolate Bean Cake with Coconut Butter Cream
- Ginger Loaf
- Raw vegan peanut butter slice (converted from @nourishnotpunish)
- Vita Brit Slice
- Judith's Hedgehog Slice
- Roasted Butternut Pumpkin Soup
- Banana, Coconut & Walnut Loaf With Cream Cheese Frosting
- Chicken and Leek Pie
- Nutty chickpea and sweet potato curry - kid friendly
- Mum's Mayo
- Risotto of Dried Fruits
- Lemon Delicious Pudding