- 140 g water, See Tips
- 1 tsp fine salt
- 300 g bread flour, (or Spelt)
- 1/2 tsp dried yeast
- 240 g Sourdough starter, (unfed, from fridge)
- Warm water and salt to 50C in TM Bowl.
- Add (in order), flour, yeast and Sourdough Starter. Mix a few seconds Speed 5, then Knead 5 minutes till smooth and not sticky. Add a little water if required.
Divide dough into two balls (cut, don't pull), flatten slightly onto two oiled pizza/baking trays or non oiled Thermo/OvenMats.
Cover and rest 15 minutes.
- Cover and allow to rise until it’s as thick as you prefer. 1-8 hours. See tips.
- Preheat oven (with pizza stone in position if using) to 220°C Fan Forced and prepare toppings of choice.
THICK CRUST bake 8 minutes before toppings, then another 10 minutes with toppings.
THIN CRUST bake 5 minutes before toppings, then another 10 minutes with toppings.
- if not serving straight away, transfering to a wire cooling rack will help keep the base nice and crisp.
Water - use preboiled or filtered water NOT spring/bottled for best results.
Sourdough Starter - use 'discarded' or straight from fridge Starter as you aren't looking for much rise in a pizza.
Place dough in a warm place for a faster rise or cooler to slow it down.
Tangy crust and slow rise (could be all day) comes from low use Starter that hasn't been fed recently. Good when wanting to make dough in morning and rise all day ready for dinner.
Less sour crust and fast rise ( approx 1 hr) will come from a regularly fed more active Starter. Will give you a pizza in about 4 hours.
Toppings - the wetter your toppings the more important it is to par bake first. My photo topping is - smoked salmon, avocado, pesto, creme fraiche, lemon juice and chopped parsley.
Some other Sourdough recipes I've posted are Tart Sourdough Bread (incl step pictures), Easy Sourdough Bread, No Knead Sourdough and Sourdough Spelt Crackers (also good for using up 'discarded' Starter).
Please vote and make comments..........Happy Baking!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Fluffy Coffee Whip - aka Dalgona
- Creme Fraiche TM6 Fermentation Mode
- Easy Peel Steamed Peaches
- Lemon (Meyer) or Mandarin Marmalade
- Irish Muffins (aka Rock Cakes)
- Creme Fraiche TM5 Automated
- Ice Cream (Parfait) “Choc Tops”
- No Knead Sourdough (FODMAP)
- Zucchini Chocolate Cake - super moist
- No Knead Ciabatta
- Easy Sourdough Bread
- Cooked Egg Mayonnaise