- 250 g Sourdough starter, Unfed or discarded (see Tips)
- 60 g olive oil
- 110 g Spelt Flour of choice
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
- 2 tbsp seasonings of choice, (see Tips)
- salt flakes
- Add all ingredients and Knead 2 minutes to make a smooth (not sticky) cohesive dough. Depending on flour you may need a little more.
- Pre-heat oven to 180C fan forced.
Flatten dough and roll out to 1-2 mm thick (or pass through a pasta roller for super quick!! - I use No. 5 setting) on a ThermoMat/baking paper (this will be your baking surface).
You may need to very lightly flour the surface.
- Smear a few drops of olive oil if needed and sprinkle with a few salt flakes. See Tips.
- Transfer ThermoMat/Baaking Paper to flat oven trays and bake 12 -15 minutes 180C or until golden.
Cool immediately on wire rack and store in sealed container.
Will keep several weeks and are suitable for freezing.
Shape and Bake
This is a good recipe to use up excess "Starter" as it doesn't need to be "active".
I often take my starter from the fridge, reduce it down using the "discard" to make crackers or Easy Sourdough Pizza recipe and then feed it up to activate it along ready for bread making.
Go easy with the additional flour (you don't want them floury tasting when cooked), oil smear (they will burn and not store as long if too much) and salt flakes (less is better).
Ideas for seasonings are: Fennell, chilli, cummin, any dried herbs, pepper, zested citrus rind, garlic/onion flakes or small seeds. A little tamari/soy/flavoured oil can also work when used carefully.
If you are looking for sourdough breads you might like to try my No Knead Sourdough, Easy Sourdough Bread or Tart Sourdough Bread recipes. All are posted on Recipe Community and have lots of tips and photos to help you.
Looking for a "Starter" aka "Mother"? Happy to assist Adelaideans - give me a call and I can give you a jar. 0409 150 729
Inspired by //www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/sourdough-crackers-recipe
Please vote and make comments!........Happy Baking
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Creme Fraiche TM6 Fermentation Mode
- Easy Peel Steamed Peaches
- Lemon (Meyer) or Mandarin Marmalade
- Irish Muffins (aka Rock Cakes)
- Creme Fraiche TM5 Automated
- Ice Cream (Parfait) “Choc Tops”
- No Knead Sourdough (FODMAP)
- Zucchini Chocolate Cake - super moist
- No Knead Ciabatta
- Easy Sourdough Bread
- Cooked Egg Mayonnaise
- Chia Seed Biscuits