- 2 tsp dried yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 250 grams Luke Warm Water
- 450 grams Bakers Flour or Bread Flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 40 grams olive oil
- 40 grams plain yoghurt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten, for glaze
- 2 tsp nigella seeds, to sprinkle on top
8Recipe is created for
1. Combine yeast, sugar and water in a TM bowl, and mix until yeast dissolves, 30 secs on speed 4.
2. Add flour and salt, oil, and yoghurt to yeast mixture. Mix for 6 secs on speed 6. Knead for 2 mins with locked lid on interval speed
3. Turn dough onto silicon mat. Wrap loosely and allow to rise in a warm place for 30mins. Or brush a large bowl with oil to lightly grease. Place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat in oil. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm, draught free place to prove. Or place in warm oven 50*C.
4. Divide dough into 2 equal portions and shape and stretch each into a 15 x 30cm rectangle. Place on baking paper on oven tray and press with fingers to indent surface to get a "high/low" effect. Brush with egg and sprinkle with seeds.
5. Place in cold oven, set at 230*C for 20 minutes or until Pide is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped on the base. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Cut into slices and serve with dips or soup.
You can make this Pide ahead and re-heat. I cut into 10cm portions and freeze left-overs and toast for lunch with Hommus and salad.
I use this as a base for my Middle-East Lamb on Pide. This is a delicious treat for “nibbles” or can be served any time Pizza would be appropriate. The base is Turkish Pide Bread, spread with a Chilli Pesto and covered with a Middle Eastern Spiced Lamb, Topped with Yogurt and Sumac to serve.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- German spelt bread
- Wholemeal Spinach and Cheese Scroll - WA School Canteen Approved (Green)
- Milk loaf
- Gluten Free Pizza Dough
- Ruth’s Sourdough Rye Turkish Bread
- Black Buger Buns
- Gf cheese and onion mini breads
- brioche rolls masterchef
- Sue’s White Bread Loaf
- Low FODMAP Easy Everyday White Bread
- Wholemeal rolls
- Dutch Oven Bread (crunchy crust) *** WARNING - THIS BREAD NEEDS 12 HOURS OR OVERNIGHT TO RISE!!!
- Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Sugar Free Apple and Berry Muffins
- Lime self saucing pudding
- Lemon [or] Orange Cake
- Custard Cake
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel Mars Bar Slice
- Meatball Surprise Soup
- Vanilla Slice Italian
- Soft cookies with Okara (low GI)
- Pan Seared Chicken Breast with Lemon and Taragon Cream
- Keto Carbonara
- Viennese whirls
- Winter vegetable soup with Asian flavours