- 100g Butter
- 120g plain flour
- 60g caster sugar
- 8 small - medium Granny Smith Apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/8s
- 5 stalks rhubarb, cut into 2cm pieces
- 70g caster sugar
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place Crumble ingredients into and mix 6-10secs sp 7, the texture of the crumb will depend on how long you mix it for. The more you mix it the chunkier your crumb will be. Once mixed, set aside.
2. Without washing bowl, add the apple, rhubarb and sugar and cook for 10mins 100C sp1
3. I normally check for sweetness and add 10-20g more sugar if it's too tart.
4. Transfer apple mix to oven safe dish and top with crumble, for the best result I normally let the apple mix cool before adding the crumble.
5. Bake on 180C for 25 mins or until topping lightly browned.
6. Serve with cream or ice cream
Accessories you need
If apples are on the larger size, use 5-6 instead of 8.
I use a apple slinky machine, if you have one to core, peel and slice my apples, then just chop in 1/2.
Please check out my other recipes or visit me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Thermo-Mixn-with-Jacinta-602930720217432/?eid=ARDcoJtJvqhRwrwSOLv_zjZjMGvstMo00Ntufg4mLP0B6kyG2JsRB40ybynJ7la1yuY9qFDGrdn84X3o
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.