- 110g Butter
- 120g plain flour
- 60g caster sugar
- 8 small - medium Granny Smith Apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/8s
- 5 stalks rhubarb, cut into 2cm pieces
- 100g caster sugar
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1. Place Crumble ingredients into "Closed lid" and mix 6-10secs sp 8, the texture of the crumb will depend on how long you mix it for. The more you mix it the chunkier your crumb will be. Once mixed, set aside.
2. Without washing bowl, add the apple, rhubarb and sugar and cook for 10mins 100C "Counter-clockwise operation" sp1
3. The amount of sugar neeeded changes depending on the size and how sweet your apples are. I normally check for sweetness after the cook time and add 20 - 30g more sugar if it's too tart. Then cook for another 2 minutes100C "Counter-clockwise operation" sp1 retaste to ensure you're happy with it.
4. Transfer apple mix to oven safe dish and top with crumble, for the best result I normally let the apple mix cool before adding the crumble.
5. Bake on 180C for 25 mins or until topping lightly browned.
6. Serve with cream or ice cream
Accessories you need
I use an apple slinky machine, if you have one to core, peel and slice my apples, then just chop into 1/4's.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pie Maker Nutella Doughnuts
- South African Milk Food - Frummel Melkkos
- Russian custard
- Baked Crumble Topping
- Apricot Bites
- Lotus Cheesecake
- Donna’s Fluffy Pancakes
- Gluten Free Pancakes
- THERMOMUMMA SUPER THICK (& RICH) CHOCOLATE CUSTARD
- Chocolate Pistachio Christmas Star
- Caramel Fudge
- Gluten Free Rum Balls
- autumn.kitchen Sourdough Sandwich Loaf
- BEST Basic vanilla cupcakes
- Grandma’s Brandy Fruit Cake
- Apple Banana and Nut Cookies
- Cranberry & White Chocolate Bliss Balls
- Kates Rice Bubble Slice
- Butter Chicken Risotto
- My dad Bill's curried chicken
- Hot Smoked salmon pasta
- Variation Crustless Broccoli Quiche with cheddar and onions
- Megan's Orange Cake
- Red Velvet Cupcakes