- 3 teaspoons gelatine, level
- 180 g hot water
- 185 g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 200 g cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 150 g ice cubes
- chocolate curls or grated chocolate, to decorate
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Sprinkle gelatine over hot water in mixing bowl. Blend on speed 9 for 30 seconds.
Scrape down, then add chocolate and sugar. Blend on speed 9 for 10 seconds.
Add egg yolks, cream, vanilla essence and ice. Blend on speed 9 for 10 seconds to crush the ice, speed 6 for 20 seconds, then speed 4 for one minute (or until it begins to thicken).
Pour at once into 6 small dessert dishes. Chill until firm (it should be ready to serve in ten minutes, but of course can be left longer). Decorate with grated chocolate, chocolate curls, or as desired.
This is suitable for both TM31 and TM5. I found the recipe in a Family Circle from 1985, originally called Blender Bavarian Cream, and written up as 'the greatest little instant gourmet dessert since the invention of cheese!'It's the perfect dessert for surprise visitors! I have all these ingredients in my cupboard.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sweet tart cases
- Easy Christmas pudding with vegan options
- Chermoula chicken with quinoa and lentil salad
- Chicken, spinach and feta quiche with a quinoa and parmesan crust
- Tropical florentines
- Pumpkin and Capsicum soup
- Flourless refined sugar free chocolate cake
- Chicken in Port Sauce with hasselback potatoes and steamed vegies
- German Apple Cake
- Clone of Strawberry Tart with Basil Sugar - Vegan
- Mint relish
- Sourdough Banana Bread (refined sugar, dairy and egg free)