- 1 chocolate cake or chocolate sponge
- 1 x 600g jar morello cherries, keep the liquid
- 2 teaspoons gelatine power
- 1000g cream
- 100g flaked almonds, lightly toasted or coconut flakes
- 50g dark chocolate, or to taste
- 1000g Milk
- 100g Corn Flour
- 150g dark chocolate, good quality (add more to taste)
- 150g sugar, or to taste
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 40g unsalted butter
8Recipe is created for
Heat 100g of the liquid from the cherry jar for 3 mins/100 degrees/speed 1, add the gelatin & mix for 5 secs/speed 5. Add the rest of the liquid & mix for another 5 secs/speed 5.
Using a strainer pour into your chosen glass trifle container or individual glasses.
You can either add the cherries now & place into the fridge to set or place the cake in to soak up the cherry jelly & place the cherries on top & into the fridge to set.
In a clean TM bowl whip your cream with the butterfly around 20 - 30 secs/speed 4. Time will vary depending on how fresh your cream is. Place the cream to one side & without needing to clean the bowl, place all the custard ingredients to the bowl. Cook for 15 mins/90 degrees/speed 4 or until thick. Pour the chocolate custard on top of the cherry jelly & cake. Place into the fridge. Once it has cooled completely spread the top of the custard with cream & sprinkle with almonds & grated dark chocolate & or toasted coconut flakes & fresh cherries.
Can be made the day before but the cream is best done on the day of serving.
Black Forest Trifle
This is a favourite recipe my friend's mum used to make for us. The original recipe used 2 packets of port wine jelly instead of using the cherry "juice" to make the jelly.
You may also like to add cherry liqueur to the jelly mixture.
Another great chocolate cake to use would be the sponge cake from the Devil of a Cookbook & use 30g of cocoa in place of some of the cornflour.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Quick Mix Vanilla Ice Cream
- Delectable Vanilla Fudge
- Easy Crepe Recipe
- Impossible Pie
- Vegan no bake energy balls (birthday cake) from The Edgy Veg
- Converted Healthy Mummy chocolate weetbix slice
- Lavender Icecream
- No-bake hazelnut slice
- White Nectarine & Pink Lady Sorbet
- Gluten Free Fruit Crumble
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Fresh Beetroot Salad
- Strawberry & Rosewater Sorbet for Cocktails/Mocktails
- Wonton Wrappers
- Garlic Sweet Potato Wedges
- Rhubarb Clafoutis
- Rhubarb & White Chocolate Cupcakes
- Gingerbread & Cream Cup Cakes
- Spicy Roasted Sweet Potato & Cauli "Rice"
- French Savory Cake
- Flu fighter Chicken Soup
- Beef & Veg 'Stirfry' with Cauliflower "Rice"
- Shredded chicken/chicken & veg soup & boiled eggs
- Hot Cross Buns with plain flour
- Greek easter koulourakia dairy free
- Traditional ANZAC biscuits
- Gluten free cheesecake caramel slice
- Apple and cinnamon muffins
- Gluten Free Anzac Biscuits
- Easy Pancakes
- raspberry & coconut slice
- Spinach, bacon and cheese pies (pie-maker)
- Lisa's Banana Muffins
- Hot cross buns
- Green pesto vegetable soup