- 1 vanilla bean
- 180 g sugar
- 200 g whole milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 orange, juice and zest, no white pith
- 100 g craisins
- 100 g dark chocolate, broken into chunks
- 50-60 g white chocolate, broken into chunks
- 80 g shelled pistachios
- 650 g ricotta, fresh
- 200 g crème fraiche
- 75 g unsalted butter, melted
- 675 g morello cherries, pitted, drained and reserve juice
- 1 orange, juice only
- 80 g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp almond essence
- 20 g cornflour
8Recipe is created for
Place vanilla bean and sugar into mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 8.
Add milk and yolks and cook 8 min/80ºC/speed 4. Then cook for a further 2 min/90ºC/speed 4. Transfer into a bowl and allow to cool completely. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Place a ceramic or glass bowl onto mixing bowl lid and weigh craisins and orange juice into it. Cover and set aside for 30 minutes.
Place orange zest into mixing bowl and mill 15 sec/speed 7. Add dark chocolate, white chocolate and pistachios and chop 2 sec/speed 6. Transfer into a small bowl and set aside. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Place ricotta, créme fraîche and reserved custard into mixing bowl and blend 30 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
Mix 1 min/speed 3, slowly adding melted butter through hole in mixing bowl lid, incorporating with aid of spatula if necessary.
Add reserved craisins with juice and reserved chopped chocolate and nuts and mix for 2 sec/speed 5 until just blended. Transfer into a pouring jug and set aside.
Line simmering basket with with Chux liners or clean muslin fabric and insert into mixing bowl. Pour reserved mixture into lined simmering basket and attach lid. Place mixing bowl into refrigerator and allow to drain overnight.
Remove simmering basket and turn out onto serving platter and set aside. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Place all ingredients into mixing bowl and cook 4 mins/80ºC/speed 4, until sugar has dissolved.
Cook 5 mins/90ºC/speed 4, until sauce thickens.
Add drained cherries and mix 30 secs//speed .
Top with sauce and cherries to serve.
Step 8 - If you cannot live without your Thermomix for that long, stand basket on a dish that will collect any drained liquid and put a plate on top with a heavy weight on top to press down.
To line simmering basket, use 2-3 chux wipes or clean muslin cloth
Other users also liked...
- Hot Cross Bun Bliss Balls
- Cheesecake filled Easter eggs
- Chocolate weetbix balls
- No Melt Buttercream icing for the Tropics
- Gut Loving Strawberry & Coconut Gummies
- The Best Buttercream Icing
- Lemon Lime Bliss Balls, Dairy Free, Vegan, DoTerra
- Salted Caramilk Slice
- Mini Choc-Raspberry Tarts
- Lemon Energy Balls
- Healthy Mousse
- Date & almond minty snack balls
- Grain free cauliflower samosas - Fiona Hoskin
- Torta caprese (flourless almond cake)
- Fermented cucumbers
- Pale ale jelly and white chocolate mousse - Matthew Morrissey
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey
- Gut-nourishing choc-berry jellies - Kyra Miles
- Grain-free herb and sesame bread - Kyra Miles
- Date and cardamom tart - Fouad Kassab
- Sweet and sour prawn and coconut soup - Fouad Kassab
- Moroccan cauliflower 'çous cous' salad - Fouad Kassab
- Pierogi with saurkraut and mushroom filling
- Zucchini, Ham and Corn Bites