- 1 vanilla bean
- 180 g sugar
- 200 g whole milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 orange, juice and zest, no white pith
- 100 g craisins
- 100 g dark chocolate, broken into chunks
- 50-60 g white chocolate, broken into chunks
- 80 g shelled pistachios
- 650 g ricotta, fresh
- 200 g crème fraîche
- 75 g unsalted butter, melted
- 675 g morello cherries, pitted, drained and reserve juice
- 1 orange, juice only
- 80 g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp almond essence
- 20 g cornflour
8Recipe is created for
Place vanilla bean and sugar into mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 8.
Add milk and yolks and cook 8 min/80ºC/speed 4. Then cook for a further 2 min/90ºC/speed 4. Transfer into a bowl and allow to cool completely. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Place a ceramic or glass bowl onto mixing bowl lid and weigh craisins and orange juice into it. Cover and set aside for 30 minutes.
Place orange zest into mixing bowl and mill 15 sec/speed 7. Add dark chocolate, white chocolate and pistachios and chop 2 sec/speed 6. Transfer into a small bowl and set aside. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Place ricotta, créme fraîche and reserved custard into mixing bowl and blend 30 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
Mix 1 min/speed 3, slowly adding melted butter through hole in mixing bowl lid, incorporating with aid of spatula if necessary.
Add reserved craisins with juice and reserved chopped chocolate and nuts and mix for 2 sec/speed 5 until just blended. Transfer into a pouring jug and set aside.
Line simmering basket with with Chux liners or clean muslin fabric and insert into mixing bowl. Pour reserved mixture into lined simmering basket and attach lid. Place mixing bowl into refrigerator and allow to drain overnight.
Remove simmering basket and turn out onto serving platter and set aside. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Place all ingredients into mixing bowl and cook 4 mins/80ºC/speed 4, until sugar has dissolved.
Cook 5 mins/90ºC/speed 4, until sauce thickens.
Add drained cherries and mix 30 secs//speed .
Top with sauce and cherries to serve.
Step 8 - If you cannot live without your Thermomix for that long, stand basket on a dish that will collect any drained liquid and put a plate on top with a heavy weight on top to press down.
To line simmering basket, use 2-3 chux wipes or clean muslin cloth
Other users also liked...
- Raspberry Swirl Cheesecakes
- Raw vegan peanut butter slice (converted from @nourishnotpunish)
- Raw vegan jam donut balls
- Risotto of Dried Fruits
- Lemon Delicious Pudding
- Crandate choc balls
- Lemon Bars
- Naked bliss balls
- Chocolate Weetbix Bliss Balls
- Dairy Free Chocolate Coconut Ice-cream Fructose Free
- Raw Vegan Lemon Cheesecake
- Salted Caramel Cheese Cake Slice (No Bake)
- Red beans and rice with turkey meatballs
- Butternut and bacon macaroni cheese
- Tuscan bean soup
- Chicken tikka masala
- Parsley Oil
- Black bean tomato soup with coriander lime cream
- Warm apple pie smoothie bowl
- Spicy cauliflower soup
- Broccoli and blue cheese soup
- Lemon curd - Louise Keats
- Steamed pistachio cheesecakes with mango
- Louise Keats Lemon tart
- Ginger Slice
- Dolla's Cauliflower Cheese
- Vegan coconut chickpea curry
- My almost Paleo Choc Pear Cupcakes
- Variation Fruit and Almond Tart
- Raspberry Swirl Cheesecakes
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Choc Salted Caramel Slice
- PECAN PIE
- Small bake Nutella muffins
- Lemon Cordial Concentrate
- Chocolate Bean Cake with Coconut Butter Cream
- Ginger Loaf