- 50 g sugar
- 100 g unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 70 g plain flour
- 100 g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 100 g sugar
- 220 g cream
- 250 g chestnut purée
- 3 large eggs
- 250 g cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
Place sugar into mixing bowl and mill 10 secs/speed 10
Add butter and vanilla and mix 20 secs/speed 4
Add remaining ingredients and mix 10 secs/speed 3
Scrape out mixture onto floured ThermoMat
Form into disc with damp hands
Wrap in cling wrap and freeze for 30 mins
Preheat oven to 150C
Line base of 18cm spring form tin with baking paper
With wet hands, push cold dough into lined tin and bake 30 - 35mins (or until golden brown and fragrant)
Cool completely before continuing recipe
Place chocolate and half of the sugar into mixing bowl and mill 8 secs/speed 9
Add half of the cream and melt for 3 - 4 mins/50C/ (speed 1)
Add 120g of chestnut puree and mix 10 secs/speed 4
Scrape down sides of bowl and repeat. Set aside.
Place remaining sugar, cream, chestnut puree, eggs, cream cheese and vanilla essence into mixing bowl and mix 20 secs/speed 8
Return chocolate mixture to mixing bowl and gently incorporate 3 - 4 secs/Reverse/speed 3
Pour mixture onto cooked base and place cheesecake into Varoma on top of chopsticks (pair) to allow for easier steam circulation.
Place 1.2L water into rinsed mixing bowl.
Set Varoma into position and steam 50 mins/Varoma temp/speed 2.
Cool completely and chill in tin for several hours (or overnight)
Top with Chocolate Ganache (EDC)
Garnish with toffee nuts, chocolate truffles or fresh fruit to taste
If you cannot source chestnut puree (most Italian grocers should have in stock) you can replace with homemade cashew butter. Place 250g cashews into mixing bowl and mill 30 secs/speed 8 until butter is formed. Proceed with recipe as directed.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Peanut butter brownie bliss balls
- Cheats Peach or Apple Kuchen
- Date rolls
- Sugar fried chestnut ls
- Musk Stick Fudge
- Chocolate creams
- LCHF Raw Caramel Slice
- Vegan Oreo No Bake Cheesecake with Choc Ripple Base
- Dairy Free Vanilla Custard
- Dairy free Honey Joys
- Dairy free soy free chocolate ice cream
- Date and almond butter chocolates
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- Feijoa Bakewell tart
- Little piggy faces
- Orange sesame chicken with broccoli and noodles
- Pizza pockets
- Sticky buns with brown sugar glaze
- Bacon and cinnamon scrolls with salted maple glaze
- Strawberry and watermelon cake with vanilla cream (recipe by Nico Moretti)