- 225 g strong bread flour, plus extra to dust
- 7 g sachet dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 125 g butter, chopped plus extra to grease tray
- 125 g Milk
- 1 egg
- 50 g brown sugar
- 40 g hazelnuts
- 55 g glace orange slices, cut into quarters
- 50 g glace cherries
- 55 g sultanas
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 110 g icing sugar (raw sugar made into icing sugar in TM)
- 1 - 2 tablespoon lemon juicce
grease baking tray and dust with flour
2. place flour, yeast, salt and 40g butter into TM bowlprocess on speed 4 for 5 sec. Place this mixture into separate bowl
3. place milk into TM bowl and warm for 1 min 30 sec at 37 degrees on speed 1
4. add egg to milk in TM bowl and mix for 3 secs speed 4
5. return the flour mixture to TM bowl and mix on speed 7 for 5 sec to combine then set dial to "Closed lid" knead dough for for 1 min 30 sec on "Dough mode"
6. Place dough into greased bowl, cover with tea towel and leave for 1 hour in warm place
7. place hazelnuts, glace cherries and glace orange pieces into TM bowl set dial to "Closed lid" and press turbo button 2- 3 times, 1 sec each press, to chop ingredients
8. add remaining butter, brown sugar, sultanas and mixed spice to TM bowl and mix for 10 sec on speed 5
9.punch down dough and roll out on floured surface to form 30cm x 23cm rectangle. Spread fruit mixture over dough, leaving a 2cm border on the sides. Roll up form one long side, then cut into 9 equal pieces. Place slices, cut side up, on the floured tray so it forms a circle with the slices just touching. Cover with a clean towel and leave in a warm place for 1 hour or until risen slightly. *Once risen, you can cover the crown and chill overnight, then bring back to room temperature before baking.
10. Preheat oven to 180 degrees, bake crown for 20 mins until golden, cool slightly.
11. mix icing sugar with enough lemon juice to make a soft icing, then drizzle over crown. serve warm or at room temperature.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Oats, hazelnut, banana, chocolate chips muesli bar
- nutella custard
- Apple Crumble Pie
- Banana Cream Brûlée’s
- Pineapple Cheesecake Jars
- Lemon Cake Bliss Balls
- Zilm Chocolate Coconut Balls
- Cherry Ripe Slice
- Layelle's Mahlabia (Milk pudding)
- Rima’s sugar syrup from cookidoo
- Rima’s Zuzu Saed’s Atayef
- Lemon Raw Balls (gluten free, sulphur free)