- 140 g pitted dates, dried (from the pantry)
- Boiling water, at least a cup
- 100 g almonds
- 40 g dessicated coconut, plus more for coating
- 15 g cacao powder, raw
- 20 g coconut oil
- 20 g Maple syrup, optional
- salt, sea, fine, a pinch
1. Add dates to the bowl and cover with boiling water, about 180g should do it. Let it sit for about 5 minutes to soften & moisten. Drain the water off.
2. Add all other ingredients. The maple syrup is optional, but helps makes them more fudgey & sweeter. Feel free to skip it, and/or add it after mixing according to taste.
3. Blend for about 8 seconds/speed 8.
4. Roll into balls and then roll in extra dessicated coconut.
5. Store in fridge for at least 2 hours or freezer to firm up.
Accessories you need
My family loves bliss balls but medjool dates are so expensive, so I've created this recipe to be delicious but more budget friendly.
This recipe uses dried dates, instead of the usual medjool dates commonly used in bliss balls. Dried dates are less than half the price so they're way more economical and, so long as theyre soaked, are equally as deicious.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Quick Mix Vanilla Ice Cream
- Delectable Vanilla Fudge
- Easy Crepe Recipe
- Impossible Pie
- Vegan no bake energy balls (birthday cake) from The Edgy Veg
- Converted Healthy Mummy chocolate weetbix slice
- Lavender Icecream
- No-bake hazelnut slice
- White Nectarine & Pink Lady Sorbet
- Gluten Free Fruit Crumble
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Banana & Zucchini Paleo Muffins
- Green Smoothie Muffins
- Superfood Chocolate Brownie Balls - Paleo & Vegan
- Raw Coconut Rough - paleo & vegan
- Chocolate & Peppermint Bliss Balls
- Basil Pesto
- Paleo Carrot Muffins
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- Salted Caramel & Macadamia Bliss Balls
- Paleo Strawberry Muffins