- 50 grams sugar
- 125 grams quality dark cooking chocolate (or combination with Milk Chocolate), in pieces at room temp
- 1 large egg yolk
- 75 grams quality unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons whisky, rum or Cointreau, (optional)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon creme fraiche
1h 0minPreparation 1h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
Place sugar in TM bowl and blitz for 20 seconds on speed 9. Remove from bowl and set aside.
Place chopped chocolate in bowl amd mix for 3 minutes at 60 degrees on speed soft (scrape down after 2 minutes if needed and continue).
Add egg yolk to bowl and mix for 1 minute on speed soft.
Add softened butter and mix for 1 minute on speed 2.
Add crème fraiche and sugar to bowl. Mix for 1 minutes on speed 2 (as mixture does not fully cover blades, check there is no ingredients sitting on top of blades not properly mixed).
Insert butterfly then remove bowl and place in fridge for no longer than 30 minutes.
Remove from fridge and whisk for 1 minute on speed 3 (scraping down half way).Remove butterfly and remove chocolate mixture from bowl then chill for another 30 minutes maximum.
Remove from fridge and roll heaped teaspoons of mixture into balls, then roll in cocoa powder.
Refrigerate over night. Best served at room temperature.
Using good quality chocolate and butter will make the best truffles.
You can add chopped almonds or hazelnuts to the mixture at the same time as the chocolate is placed in the bowl.
Can roll truffles in chocolate sprinkles instead of cocoa.
If mixture is melting on your hands when rolling into balls have a bag of frozen peas at the ready to cool your hands between truffles.
Can be kept in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer for 2 months.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Banana, coconut and choc chip Ice cream - vegan, egg free, DF
- 5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Energy Balls
- Guilt-free vegan Chocolate Balls
- Rocky Road
- Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies
- Macha Blancmange
- Strawberry and pear pancakes
- Orange and Poppy Seed Energy Balls
- Sticky Date Baked Cheesecake
- 4 ingredient Crunchie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Raw Raspberry and Coconut Cheesecake
- Chocolate Truffles (Brazilian Brigadeiros)