THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 560 g Heavy Cream or Double Cream
- 50 g Cacao or Dutch Cocoa
- 200 g Sugar, raw or caster
- 1 pinch salt
- 170 g dark chocolate, chopped roughly
- 250 g whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6h 10minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
1. Place cream, cocoa, sugar and salt in the Thermomix. Mix on speed 4, 100c for 7 minutes (ensure that it has hit 100c, you may need an extra minute or two).
2. Add chopped dark chocolate and mix for 1 minute on speed 3.
3. Add milk and vanilla and mix for 30 secs on speed 3.
4. Take TM bowl off machine and place in an ice bath to cool the mixture as quickly as possible.
5. Once cool, pour mixture in a metal loaf tin and in cover with allfoil before placing it in the freezer. Leave for approximately 6 hours to set. If you like a creamier consistency, pour back into TM bowl after 4 hours in the freezer and whip again for about 1 minute on speed 4. Then put back in the freezer to set.
6. Ice cream maker: If you have an ice cream maker, bring mixture out of freezer after 2 hours and place in ice cream maker and churn according to its instructions.
TIP: The quicker you get ice cream mixture to cool the smoother it will be, hence the ice bath etc.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Creamy Leche Flan
- No-bake hazelnut slice
- Chocolate Chia Pudding (Vegan)
- Chia Custard Pudding - adapted from Pete Evans recipe (Paleo)
- Thermo Cazza's Rocky Road
- Berry Yogurt Sorbet
- 3 Ingredient Choc Nice Cream
- Healthy Apple and Custard Crumble
- Variation Marshmallows
- Mulberry Crumble
- Dairy Free Custard