- 140 grams Dark cooking chocolate, broken into pieces
- 80 grams unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Rapadura Sugar
- 3 teaspoons Flour of your choice, (I used white Spelt)
- 1 teaspoon cardamom, ground
- 1 pinch of Sea Salt Flakes
- 2 Medium Oranges whole, skinned
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled
Grease 5 cupcake moulds with butter and set aside. Peel the ginger, chop in your bowl for 3 sec/speed 7 and set aside. Rinse and dry your bowl.
Place the chocolate, broken into pieces, into the mixing bowl and grate for 10 sec/speed 9. Scrape down sides of the bowl. Add the butter and melt 4 min/50 C/speed 2. Scrape down sides of the bowl. Add the eggs and Rapadura sugar and mix for 20 sec/speed 4. Scrape down the sides of the bowl again. Now add the Flour, Cardamom and Sea Salt flakes and mix again for 20 sec/speed 4. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and repeat for another 5 sec/speed 4 if necessary.
Divide the mixture between the 5 cupcake moulds and refridgerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
Cut fillets out of the Oranges by using a sharp knife. Place in the bowl with the reserved ginger, squeezing out the juices from the leftovers by hand. Add a little Rapadura sugar, stir through and place into the fridge until ready to serve.
Preheat the oven to 180C, no fan. Place the cupcake tray into the oven for 10 min. Check if your cakes have risen a bit and are starting to look crunchier on the outside. The centre needs to look soft still. Cook for a further 2 min if necessary. Take the tray out of the oven and let the cakes cool down in the tray for a few minutes.
To get your cakes out run a little knife around the edges and gently lift out with a cake fork. Serve warm on a dessert plate with your orange ginger side. Enjoy!
Accessories you need
Depending on the Chocolate and Flour you use, this recipe can be dairy free, lactose free and gluten free.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Choc Mint Bliss Balls with Crown Mints
- One Minute Snickers from Wholefood Simply
- Indian rice pudding
- Caramilk No Bake Cheesecake
- White Chocolate, Cherry Brandy Balls
- Churros - Gluten free
- Chocolate avocado mousse
- Fresh mango muesli
- Layelles too easy Caramilk Tart
- No bake Malteser cheesecake with caramilk swirl
- Baked Espresso Martini Cheesecake with Kahlua Syrup
- Indian rice pudding
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- Steamed date, fig and chocolate puddings with caramel sauce
- AROMA CHAI - Turmeric Spice Blend
- AROMA CHAI - Sticky Masala Blend
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- 'Never buy' Tomato sauce
- Chicken Shawarma
- Pistachio & Rosewater Semolina Cake
- Zanzibar Coconut Chicken Curry
- Zanzibar Spice Cake
- Eunji’s Chai Mix