- 140 grams Dark cooking chocolate, broken into pieces
- 80 grams unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Rapadura Sugar
- 3 teaspoons Flour of your choice, (I used white Spelt)
- 1 teaspoon cardamom, ground
- 1 pinch of Sea Salt Flakes
- 2 Medium Oranges whole, skinned
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled
Grease 5 cupcake moulds with butter and set aside. Peel the ginger, chop in your bowl for 3 sec/speed 7 and set aside. Rinse and dry your bowl.
Place the chocolate, broken into pieces, into the mixing bowl and grate for 10 sec/speed 9. Scrape down sides of the bowl. Add the butter and melt 4 min/50 C/speed 2. Scrape down sides of the bowl. Add the eggs and Rapadura sugar and mix for 20 sec/speed 4. Scrape down the sides of the bowl again. Now add the Flour, Cardamom and Sea Salt flakes and mix again for 20 sec/speed 4. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and repeat for another 5 sec/speed 4 if necessary.
Divide the mixture between the 5 cupcake moulds and refridgerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
Cut fillets out of the Oranges by using a sharp knife. Place in the bowl with the reserved ginger, squeezing out the juices from the leftovers by hand. Add a little Rapadura sugar, stir through and place into the fridge until ready to serve.
Preheat the oven to 180C, no fan. Place the cupcake tray into the oven for 10 min. Check if your cakes have risen a bit and are starting to look crunchier on the outside. The centre needs to look soft still. Cook for a further 2 min if necessary. Take the tray out of the oven and let the cakes cool down in the tray for a few minutes.
To get your cakes out run a little knife around the edges and gently lift out with a cake fork. Serve warm on a dessert plate with your orange ginger side. Enjoy!
Accessories you need
Depending on the Chocolate and Flour you use, this recipe can be dairy free, lactose free and gluten free.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Nut free chocolate berry bliss balls
- Peppermint Bliss Balls (Gluten Free, Grain Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free and Refined Sugar Free) Healthy Mummy
- Chantilly Cream
- Dairy Free Strawberry Ice Cream (refined sugar free)
- Delicious healthy version of Lemon Slice - Dairy Free
- Strawberry Frozen yogurt
- Nanna's Lemon Sago
- Tim Tam tarts (or cheesecake)
- Black rice steam cake gluten-free
- Easy strawberry baked cheesecake
- VEGAN CHOC MINT FUDGE
- VEGAN SALTED CARAMEL FUDGE
- Eunji’s Chai Mix
- Leberkäse (Bavarian meat loaf)
- Butter Chicken with steamed vegetables
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Vanilla Chai Spice Mix
- Turmeric Latte Powder
- Dotty’s Ginger biscuits
- Date and carrot cake (nut, egg and butter free) - tastes like healthy gingerbread!
- Cape Malay Koeksisters
- Date and cardamom tart - Fouad Kassab
- Dairy Free Turmeric Chai Latte Powder