- 100 g caster sugar
- 200 g fresh or frozen raspberries
- 40 g fresh lemon juice
- 600 g thickened cream
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Paste
- 2 lemons, zested, no white pith and juiced
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 165 g caster sugar
- 80 g unsalted butter
- 0.5 cup egg whites, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 0.25 tsp cream of tartar
8Recipe is created for
- Place all ingredients into mixing bowl and cook 8 min/90°C/speed 3. Using a fine mesh sieve, strain coulis into a jug and set aside to cool. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Insert butterfly whisk. Place cream and vanilla into mixing bowl and mix speed 2, pouring condensed milk through hole in mixing bowl lid, then mix 4 min/speed 3.5 or until a whipped cream consistency. Remove butterfly whisk and transfer into a freezable container. Place into freezer until frozen. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Place lemon zest into mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 10.
- Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula and further mill 10 sec/speed 10 or until finely grated.
- Add eggs, egg yolks, sugar, butter and lemon juice and cook 10 min/80°C/speed 5. Check to see if lemon curd is cooked, it should coat the back of a wooden spoon. Further cook for 1-2 min/90°C/speed 5, if necessary. Using a fine mesh sieve, strain curd into a sterilised jar. Once cooled place into refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Preheat oven to 110°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper and set aside.
Place sugar into mixing bowl and mill 15 sec/speed 10. Transfer into a bowl and set aside. Thoroughly clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Place egg whites and cream of tartar into mixing bowl. Insert butterfly whisk and whip 3-4 min/50°C/speed 3.5 or until stiff peaks form.
- Mix speed 2.5, adding reserved sugar 1 tablespoon at a time through hole in mixing bowl lid. Spread 1/3 of the mixture thinly onto one prepared tray. Dollop the remaining meringue onto the other prepared baking tray. Bake for 1 hour, then turn off oven. Leave meringue in oven to cool.
- Brush a stripe of coulis across serving plates. Arrange ice cream balls onto coulis. Place lemon curd into a piping bag and place curd dots onto plate. Place shards of meringue into ice cream, then crumble meringue on top. Garnish with fresh raspberries.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Choc peanut butter balls
- 3 ingredient vanilla ice-cream
- Gluten Free Muesli Bars
- Nut free chocolate berry bliss balls
- Peppermint Bliss Balls (Gluten Free, Grain Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free and Refined Sugar Free) Healthy Mummy
- Chantilly Cream
- Dairy Free Strawberry Ice Cream (refined sugar free)
- Delicious healthy version of Lemon Slice - Dairy Free
- Strawberry Frozen yogurt
- Nanna's Lemon Sago
- Tim Tam tarts (or cheesecake)
- Black rice steam cake gluten-free
- Baked salmon cheesecake
- Chicken and prawn noodles
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Lamb and Feta Meatballs
- Durban Naan
- White Chocolate and Coconut Rice Pudding
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade
- Spiced lamb flatbread
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Fragrant pipis
- Classic lemon tart
- Citrus mascarpoen semifreddo with Manjimup walnut and cacao nib dukkah - Chef Russell Blaikie