- 50 g white sugar
- 100 g unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 180 g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 pinch salt
- 120 g blanched almonds
- 300 g feijoas, (approx. 3-4 feijoas), peeled and cut into quarters (see Tips)
- 120 g unsalted butter
- 80 g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 0.5 tsp baking powder
- 0.25 tsp natural almond extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 1-2 tbsp flaked almonds
- icing sugar, for dusting
1h 35minPreparation 1h 35minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place sugar into mixing bowl and mill 15 sec/speed 10.
- Add butter, flour, egg yolk and salt and mix 25-30 sec/speed 5, until crumbly.
- Transfer pastry onto a silicone bread mat or a lightly floured work surface and gently shape into a flat disc. Wrap in plastic wrap and place into refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes, until pastry is firm enough to roll. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Remove pastry from refrigerator and place between 2 sheets of baking paper. Roll out thinly (5 mm thickness) until large enough to cover a pie dish (24 cm) base and sides. Remove top layer of baking paper and transfer pastry into pie dish, pastry side down. Remove remaining baking paper and press pastry into dish, trimming any excess. Prick base all over with a fork and transfer into refrigerator until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Place almonds into mixing bowl and mill 8 sec/speed 8. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Place feijoas into mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 4. Transfer into a separate bowl and set aside.
- Place butter and sugar into mixing bowl and mix 1 min/speed 3.
- Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula and mix for a further 1 min/speed 3.
- Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula and mix 2 min/speed 4.
- Add flour, baking powder, almond extract, salt, egg and reserved chopped almonds and mix 5 sec/speed 3.
- Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula and mix 10 sec/speed 3.
- Spread reserved feijoas evenly over base of reserved pastry case. Spoon filling over feijoas and use spatula to spread out gently to cover. Sprinkle with flaked almonds and bake for 35-38 minutes (170°C), until filling is set and golden brown. Dust with icing sugar before serving (see Tips).
Sweet shortcrust pastry
If using frozen feijoas, defrost completely and drain off any excess moisture before using.
Serve with cream or ice cream, if desired.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- 20 Second Ginger Nut Balls
- Peppermint Choc Chip Ice Cream
- Walnut and coffee cheesecake slice
- VEGAN Cranberry & Vanilla Protein Balls
- Raw Caramel Nut Slice
- Chocolate,Ginger and Orange Bliss Balls / Protein Balls
- Raw Jaffa Slice
- Golden Gaytime Slice
- Halawet El Rez
- Maple Pancakes
- Pear sorbet
- Custard (like Paul’s)
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- Quick & Easy Custard Cake
- Marmalade cake Jamie Oliver
- Sesame and Linseed Gluten free bread
- Fast 800 Smoked Salmon Omelette conversion by Thermo-lish
- Meatloaf with Honey Mustard Glaze
- Chocolate zucchini cake
- Beetroot and Feta Tart
- Hawaiian Rolls
- Pistachio rose lemon semolina cake by Layelle
- Homemade Ricotta Herb Dip
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Blondies
- Superhealthy Kids' Double Chocolate Banana Cake