- 30 g sugar
- 170 g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 110 g unsalted butter, (cold, cut into cubes)
- 1 egg yolk
- cold water, (as required)
- 225 g full cream milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 55 g sugar
- 10 g plain flour
- 15 g cornflour
- 1 teaspoons Vanilla Paste
- 3 apples, (medium to large Granny Smiths/Pink Ladies)
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 120 g sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 80 g apricot jam
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
2h 30minPreparation 1h 15minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place the sugar into and mill for 10 seconds/Speed 9-10
- Add flour, salt and butter. Mix for 10 seconds/Speed 6 until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add egg yolk; cold water (as needed - 1 tablespoon at a time) to rotating blades whilst kneading for 30 seconds interval/Dough Modeutil the dough starts to form a ball.
- Turn pastry mixture onto the ThermoMat and shape dough into a smooth disc.
- Wrap in ThermoMat/cling wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight until ready to use.
- Insert butterfly whisk into .
- Add pastry cream ingredients. Mix for 7 minutes/80 deg/Reverse Mode /Speed 2.
- Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven 180C.
- Grease a 9 inch pie/tart/flan dish (preferably with a removable base) generously with butter and set aside.
- Roll out dough to fit the dish and trim off any excess. Use excess dough to patch any damaged area as necessary.
- Rest the pastry in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Remove pastry shell from fridge. Use a fork and prick all over the pastry shell. Wrap strips of foil around edges.
- Line pastry shell with baking paper and fill with a layer of dried pulse/rice/pastry weights. Blind bake 180C for 15 minutes.
- Whilst pastry is baking, prepare the apples.
- Remove weights but leave the foil around the edges and bake a further 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and remove foil around the edges. Set pastry shell to cool a little.
- Core, peel (optional) and thinly slice the apples into 2mm thickness.
- Place sliced apples in a bowl and toss gently with sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Gather the pastry shell, apple slices, pastry cream and 1 tablespoon of butter ready for assembly.
- Spread cooked pastry cream over the base of the pastry shell.
- Arrange apple slices overlapping in a pattern on top of the pastry cream. Dot apples with tiny bits of butter.
- Wrap edges of pastry shell with foil. Bake in pre-heated oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes until apples and crust are cooked evenly to a light golden colour.
- Remove from oven and cool on a rack.
- Prepare glaze by heating jam and lemon juice for 2-3 minutes/50 deg/Speed 1.5.
- Strain and use pastry brush to apply glaze over the apples.
- Tart can be served chilled or at room temperature.
Step 1: Make the Pastry Dough
Step 2: Make the Pastry Cream
Step 3: Bake the Pastry Shell
Step 4: Prepare the Apple Layer
Step 5: Assemble and Bake the Tart
I use left-over egg whites for Pavlova/Biscotti.
During our hot summer I usually omit the cold water and combine the crumbly dough into a ball by hand on the ThermoMat.
I would not peel the Pink Lady apples to add colour to the pattern.
This recipe was adapted from: www.thespruceeats.com
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- PINEAPPLE DOUGHNUTS
- DATE CRESCENT
- Easter chocolate egg nests
- Rima’s Lebanese Cocktail
- Aish al saraya
- Awwama (Lebanese sweet dumplings)
- Oat Milk Yogurt
- Rima’s Lebanese pistachio ice cream
- cocoa - energy balls (vegan&raw)
- Hazelnut and Amaranth Chocolate
- Variation Choc Peppermint Balls
- Choc Peanut Butter Bliss Balls