- 200 g white sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 500 g full cream milk
- 250 g cream
- 40 g mint leaves and stalks, (stalks add flavour)
- Place sugar in TM bowl and mill 10 seconds speed 9
- Add in the egg yolks, vanilla, milk and mint leaves & stalks. Cook 7 minutes 90 degrees speed 4 reverse
- Add in the cream and mix 5 seconds reverse speed 2
- Pour mixture into a bowl and cover & refrigerate overnight to infuse the mint flavour
- Stir mixture and strain through TM basket
- (Mix in a couple of drops of green food colouring at this point if you like your ice cream to be a deeper shade of green)
Churn in ice cream maker for 40-60 minutes
- If you don't have an ice cream maker, pour the mixture into ice cube trays and freeze overnight, then blend 350g of the ice cubes in the bowl for 20 seconds, gradually increasing speed from 1 to 10. Add remaining 350g cubes and blend a futher 1 minute speed 10, using spatula to assist. If the mixture made more than 700g of cubes, then do the rest in a similar way in a second batch, splitting the mixture in half, until all are completed.
Start the day before
The next day
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Oats, hazelnut, banana, chocolate chips muesli bar
- nutella custard
- Apple Crumble Pie
- Banana Cream Brûlée’s
- Pineapple Cheesecake Jars
- Lemon Cake Bliss Balls
- Zilm Chocolate Coconut Balls
- Cherry Ripe Slice
- Layelle's Mahlabia (Milk pudding)
- Rima’s sugar syrup from cookidoo
- Rima’s Zuzu Saed’s Atayef
- Lemon Raw Balls (gluten free, sulphur free)