- 1 batch Almond pastry (refer to the recipe in the Everyday Cookbook)
- 1 batch marzipan shapes (refer to the recipe in Festive Flavour cookbook)
- Butter, for greasing
- 1 orange, zest only, no white pith
- 750 g pears, peeled, cored and cut into quarters
- 250 g caster sugar
- 100 g dried cranberries
- 130 g currants
- 50 g Glacé ginger, cut into pieces
- 60 g flaked almonds
- 40 g lemon juice (approx. 1 lemon)
- 60 g orange juice (approx. 1 orange)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 tbsp brandy (optional)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten, for brushing
- icing sugar, for dusting
Pre-heat oven to 200°C. Lightly grease a slice tin (28 x 18 cm), then line base and sides with baking paper and set aside.
Place orange zest into mixing bowl and grate 10 sec/speed 7.
Add pears and sugar and chop 2-3 sec/speed 6. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
Add dried cranberries, currants, ginger, almonds, lemon and orange juice and spices and cook 35 min/Varoma//speed 1. Transfer to a bowl, then stir through brandy (if using) and set aside to cool slightly.
Place almond pastry onto a ThermoMat or lightly floured surface. and roll out to line base of prepared slice tin. Line tin with pastry then spoon reserved fruit mince onto pastry and top with Marzipan shapes. Brush shapes with egg.
Bake for 30-35 minutes (200°C). Alow to cool slightly before dusting with icing sugar and serve with warm Brandy custard.
-Prepare the Almond pastry first then wrap and set aside in the refrigerator to chill while you prepare the rest of the recipe. The colder the pastry, the easier it is to handle.
- Prepare the Marzipan shapes while the pastry rests in the refrigerator (but do not bake them), the proceed with the fruit mince filling.
Other users also liked...
- Honeycomb ice cream
- Variation Passionfruit Curd
- Halawet El Jibn (Sweet Cheese Dessert)
- Pineapple upside down cake
- Choc Bliss Balls
- Refined Sugar Free Chocolate Custard
- Churro Pancakes
- Coconut Panna Cotta with tropical salsa
- Peanut butter brownie bliss balls
- Cheats Peach or Apple Kuchen
- Date rolls
- Sugar fried chestnut ls
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- Feijoa Bakewell tart
- Little piggy faces
- Orange sesame chicken with broccoli and noodles
- Pizza pockets
- Sticky buns with brown sugar glaze
- Bacon and cinnamon scrolls with salted maple glaze
- Strawberry and watermelon cake with vanilla cream (recipe by Nico Moretti)
- Raspberry & Coconut Scones
- Adapted RSPCA Pupcakes
- Caramel slice (no bake filling from scratch in Thermomix)
- Dad's Pancakes
- Cinnamon crumble cake
- Peanut Butter Biscuits
- Spring onion Butter Cookie
- Variation Passionfruit Curd
- Cornflake & Pistachio Cookies
- Healthy Low Fat Banana Bread
- Variation Date lime cake
- Jumbo Spiced Pumpkin Bread