- 1 batch Almond pastry (refer to the recipe in the Everyday Cookbook)
- 1 batch marzipan shapes (refer to the recipe in Festive Flavour cookbook)
- Butter, for greasing
- 1 orange, zest only, no white pith
- 750 g pears, peeled, cored and cut into quarters
- 250 g caster sugar
- 100 g dried cranberries
- 130 g currants
- 50 g Glacé ginger, cut into pieces
- 60 g flaked almonds
- 40 g lemon juice (approx. 1 lemon)
- 60 g orange juice (approx. 1 orange)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 tbsp brandy (optional)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten, for brushing
- icing sugar, for dusting
Pre-heat oven to 200°C. Lightly grease a slice tin (28 x 18 cm), then line base and sides with baking paper and set aside.
Place orange zest into mixing bowl and grate 10 sec/speed 7.
Add pears and sugar and chop 2-3 sec/speed 6. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
Add dried cranberries, currants, ginger, almonds, lemon and orange juice and spices and cook 35 min/Varoma//speed 1. Transfer to a bowl, then stir through brandy (if using) and set aside to cool slightly.
Place almond pastry onto a ThermoMat or lightly floured surface. and roll out to line base of prepared slice tin. Line tin with pastry then spoon reserved fruit mince onto pastry and top with Marzipan shapes. Brush shapes with egg.
Bake for 30-35 minutes (200°C). Alow to cool slightly before dusting with icing sugar and serve with warm Brandy custard.
-Prepare the Almond pastry first then wrap and set aside in the refrigerator to chill while you prepare the rest of the recipe. The colder the pastry, the easier it is to handle.
- Prepare the Marzipan shapes while the pastry rests in the refrigerator (but do not bake them), the proceed with the fruit mince filling.
Other users also liked...
- Raspberry Coconut Dessert Bowl
- Mango ice cream, sugar free and dairy free
- Protein banana ice cream
- Easy Vanilla Icecream
- Chocolate summer cups
- Dairy Free Strawberries & Cream Weiss Bars
- Strawberries & Cream Weiss Bars
- Easy Lemon Cheesecake with Raspberry Jelly
- Vegan Choc Orange Bliss Balls (GF)
- Vegan Choc Mint Bliss Balls (GF)
- Vegan Banana Protein Pancakes
- Nutella Fudge
- Quinoa with mixed greens and yoghurt dressing
- Roasted snapper with Romesco, pickled vegetable and ricotta salad and a pink grapefruit Hollandaise - Mark Southon
- Inside-out chicken parmigiana - Dani Valent
- Mushroom cappuccino - Dani Valent
- Salted caramel sauce
- Coconut matcha panna cotta
- Cranberry and camembert stuffed chicken
- Cranberry chocolate snack bars
- Carrot, feta and mint salad
- Vegan chocolate, raspberry and pistachio layer cake
- Deconstructed eton mess - Beni Orwell
- Sauerkraut salad
- Bindy’s Mud Cake
- Deep Dark Chocolate Cake
- Dotty's Melting moments
- Smoked Paprika Butter
- Portuguese Milk Buns
- double choc muffins
- Plum Cobbler
- Thick Bechamel Sauce
- Left Over Chicken Soup
- Peach & Cream Cheese Muffins with Mixed Berry Swirl
- Coconut Biscuits - Gluten free, Sugar free
- Beef Burgers / Sliders