- 1 batch Almond pastry (refer to the recipe in the Everyday Cookbook)
- 1 batch marzipan shapes (refer to the recipe in Festive Flavour cookbook)
- Butter, for greasing
- 1 orange, zest only, no white pith
- 750 g pears, peeled, cored and cut into quarters
- 250 g caster sugar
- 100 g dried cranberries
- 130 g currants
- 50 g Glacé ginger, cut into pieces
- 60 g flaked almonds
- 40 g lemon juice (approx. 1 lemon)
- 60 g orange juice (approx. 1 orange)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 tbsp brandy (optional)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten, for brushing
- icing sugar, for dusting
Pre-heat oven to 200°C. Lightly grease a slice tin (28 x 18 cm), then line base and sides with baking paper and set aside.
Place orange zest into mixing bowl and grate 10 sec/speed 7.
Add pears and sugar and chop 2-3 sec/speed 6. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
Add dried cranberries, currants, ginger, almonds, lemon and orange juice and spices and cook 35 min/Varoma/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed 1. Transfer to a bowl, then stir through brandy (if using) and set aside to cool slightly.
Place almond pastry onto a ThermoMat or lightly floured surface. and roll out to line base of prepared slice tin. Line tin with pastry then spoon reserved fruit mince onto pastry and top with Marzipan shapes. Brush shapes with egg.
Bake for 30-35 minutes (200°C). Alow to cool slightly before dusting with icing sugar and serve with warm Brandy custard.
-Prepare the Almond pastry first then wrap and set aside in the refrigerator to chill while you prepare the rest of the recipe. The colder the pastry, the easier it is to handle.
- Prepare the Marzipan shapes while the pastry rests in the refrigerator (but do not bake them), the proceed with the fruit mince filling.
Other users also liked...
- Happy cooks Malva pudding
- Apple Almond Tart
- Kids healthy chocolate custard
- Wild Orange Chocolate Mousse Slice
- 5 eggs version swiss roll
- Keto Cheesecake
- Vegan Carrot Cake - Jolanta's version
- Classic Waffles
- Healthy and Quick Apple Dessert
- Variation Lemon Meringue Pies (Gluten, Dairy and Refined Sugar free)
- Easy Vegan Chocolate Mousse
- Vanilla icecream + variations.
- Parmesan cheese crisps
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles