- 185 grams Butter, Room Temperature
- 250 grams Dark Brown Sugar, (1.5 cups)
- 3 eggs, Room temperature
- 500 grams Dried Mixed Fruit
- 100 grams Plain gluten free flour, (3/4 cup)
- 320 grams GF breadcrumbs, (will need 3 cups - freeze bread before crumbing in thermomix
- pinch salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 1/2 teaspoon bi-carb soda
- 2 pinches baking powder
- 125 grams brandy/rum, (or more if you like!)
- pinch Nutmeg
79h 0minPreparation 24h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
1. Soak fruit in brandy overnight in large bowl.
2. Grease moulds
3. Cream butter and sugar for 20-25 seconds on speed 4-5.
4. Add eggs one a time through hole in lid while blades are going at speed 4.
5. Add creamed mixture to soaked fruit.
6. Add breadcrumbs to mixture.
7. Sift flour, spices, nutmeg, salt, bi-carb soda and baking powder together and fold into the fruit mixture (don't overwork).
8. Place pudding mixture into dariole moulds, cover with a round of baking paper and cover moulds with foil and place in varoma dish. (You will need to steam in two batches)
9. Place 1000mls water in thermomix bowl and steam puddings for about 50-55 minutes on Varoma temp Speed 1-2
I converted this recipe to use in thermomix - original recipe is from - //cookiebex.wordpress.com/.../my-grandmas-gluten-free-christmas-pudding/ I have halved the ingredients as original recipe served 30 - so if you want to make one big pudding in pudding basin you could double the list of ingredients and steam for about 6 hours in boiling water or of course steam in dariole moulds in 4 batches. I did think they could have had a bit more spice so will do that next time.
Suitable for TM5 use.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Gluten Free Shortcrust Pastry
- Gluten Free Yo Yo's
- Gluten Free Old Fashioned Sultana Biscuits
- Gluten Free Anzac Biscuits
- Greek Yoghurt Ranch Dip
- Gluten Free Spiced Fruit Loaf
- Almond Sesame Crackers (LCHF)
- Gluten Free Shortbread Biscuits
- Gluten Free Buttercake
- Christmas Pudding - Gluten Free or Regular
- Gluten Free Jaffa Cakes
- GLUTEN FREE CRISPY BATTER FOR FISH