- 225 g fresh breadcrumbs
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 440 g golden syrup
- Zest of 1 orange, plus 3 tbs juice
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 150 g macadamia nuts, halved
- Icing sugar
- Sweet Pastry:
- 250 g plain flour
- 100 g chilled unsalted butter, chopped
- 30 g sugar
- 2 egg yolks
8Recipe is created for
Mill sugar for 10 seconds on speed 10. Set aside.
Add flour, butter and pinch of salt to resemble fine breadcrumbs 10 seconds on speed 5. Spatula assist if required.
Add sugar, yolks (1-2 tbs of cold water if needed) mix 8 seconds on speed 5.
Knead for 30 seconds.
Grease a 24cm loose bottomed tart pan.
Tip mix into pan and press into base and sides.
Chill for 30 minutes in fridge.
Preheat oven to 200C. Blind bake for 10-12 minutes then remove weights and bake for 5 more minutes or until light golden brown. Set aside.
Place orange zest into bowl, 5 seconds on speed 9.
Add breadcrumbs, butter, syrup, juice and nutmeg and cook 2 minutes, 60C on speed 2.
Tip mixture into the tart shell and arrange nuts, cutside down in a concentric pattern on top.
Bake for 25-30 minutes until filling is firm to touch in centre. Cool for 15 minutes in pan.
Carefully remove the tart from the pan, then dust with icing sugar and serve warm or cold with ice-cream.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Breakfast Bliss Balls
- Easy Peasy Chocolate Mousse
- Strawberry Chia Pudding
- White chocolate mousse logs
- All American Chocolate Shake
- White Chocolate & Coconut Custard
- Quick Freezer Chocolate
- Quick Reliable Fudge
- Mums Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding
- Redskin Fudge
- Sticky Date Pudding
- Orange, Blueberry & Nut Cake
- Nanna's Lemon Butter
- Chocolate Layer Cake
- Luscious Chocolate Frosting
- Mississippi mudcake
- Old fashioned Cream buns
- Decadent Fudgy Chocolate Brownie
- Sultana Cookies - Gluten, Dairy, Egg and Nut Free
- Peanut butter cream cheese frosting
- Chocolate Coconut Macaroons (Vegan, DF, GF, No refined sugar)
- Ruth’s Sourdough Rye Turkish Bread
- Vanilla Chai Spice Mix
- Black Buger Buns