- 100 g cream cheese, roughly chopped and frozen
- 125 g honey
- 250 g Fresh ricotta, roughly chopped
- 4 Bosc pears, peeled, quartered and cored
- 1 lemon, rind and juice
- 150 g water
- 100 g brown sugar
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split down middle
1. Place cream cheese and honey in TM bowl, mix for 5 seconds, speed 6. Scrape down sides.
2. Mix for a further 5 seconds, speed 6.
3. Add ricotta, mix for 10 seconds, speed 4, or until combined and smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
4. In a clean TM bowl, place water, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and remaining 50g honey. Divide the pears evenly between the upper and lower steaming tray, and drizzle with lemon juice. Steam for 20 minutes, Varoma temperature, reverse speed 1.
5. Remove cooked pears. Continue to steam any remaining uncooked pears for a further 5 minutes, Varoma temperature, speed 1.
6. Once all pears are cooked, check steaming liquid - if it is not syrupy, continue cooking for a further 10 minutes, Varoma temperature, reverse speed 1.
Serve pears and syrup warm with honeyed ricotta on top of pancakes.
Vegetarian, Gluten Free
Accessories you need
Variation: Use honeyed ricotta as an icing or serve with cakes instead of cream. The honey poached pears make a delicious dessert served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Rima’s Lebanese pistachio ice cream
- cocoa - energy balls (vegan&raw)
- Hazelnut and Amaranth Chocolate
- Variation Choc Peppermint Balls
- Choc Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- Honey and Rosemary Upside Down Fig Cake
- Choc Protein Balls
- Coffee whip (dairy free, egg free, vegan)
- Quick Vanilla & Citrus Protein Bliss Balls
- Variation pineapple and mango soft serve
- French Apple Tart with Pastry Cream
- Gin & Tonic Sorbet
- Seafood Risotto
- Jumbo Bread loaf
- Hokey Pokey Ice Cream
- Carnation green tea cocktail
- Trout salad & horseradish dressing
- Hot cross bagels
- Spiked truffles
- Almond pulp truffles
- Mango salsa with lime bursts
- Vanilla bean panna cotta with raspberry rosewater coulis
- Coconut lamb curry
- Fresh petite radish salad