- 500 g dessicated coconut
- 40 g dates
- 100 g dried unsulphured apricots
- 130 g inca berries / craisins, roughly chopped
- 50 g activated almonds*, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 pinch sea salt
8Recipe is created for
1. Place a baking tray lined with baking paper in the freezer.
2. Place the coconut in the TM bowl and process for 2 minutes on speed 8 on 37 degrees.
3. Pour the resulting coconut butter into a glass jar, leaving roughly 1/4 cup in the bowl. Add the dates, apricots and salt and process on speed 6 for 6 seconds.
4. Add the remaining ingredients and mix for 4 seconds on speed 3.
5. Get your lined baking tray from the freezer and pour roughly half the coconut butter into the middle of it. Sprinkle your inca berry mixture evenly into the coconut and press it down gently.
6. Transfer to the freezer again for about 15 minutes to set, then cut up into bars or bites. Store them in an air-tight container in the fridge or freezer.
Inca berry bars
*Activated nuts: these are soaked (in salted water) overnight and then dehydrated (in a dehydrator or low oven) to remove phytic acid and other anti-nutrients, making them much more digestible and their nutrients much more bioavailable.
*Activated buckwheat: soak raw buckwheat for 20 mins in salted water, then dehydrate in a very low oven with the door open until crispy. These are super crunchie and can replace rice crispies in home-made fudge, chocolate and muesli bars.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- The perfect caramel slice
- Malteser slice
- Strawberry Carrot Leather
- Breakfast Bliss Balls
- Easy Peasy Chocolate Mousse
- THE BEST RAW AVOCADO CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
- Strawberry Chia Pudding
- White chocolate mousse logs
- All American Chocolate Shake
- White Chocolate & Coconut Custard
- Quick Freezer Chocolate
- Quick Reliable Fudge