- 600 grams plain flour (preferably OO flour)
- 100 grams castor sugar
- 30 grams dried yeast
- 500 grams desiree potatoes or other boiling potatoes
- 400 --- mls water
- 50 grams unsalted butter room temp
- 2 eggs
- 250 --- mls warm milk
- 400 --- mls canola oil
- 200 grams castor sugar, extra
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
Recipe is created for
Peel & cube potatoes into 2cm pieces
- Put potato into simmer basket, put in bowl an fill with 400 ml water
- Cook for 20-25 mins at 100oC speed 1. Make sure potatoes are well cooked, they start to fall apart when cooked.
- Once cooked lift out simmer basket using spatula and was TM bowl.
- Put potato back into bowl an chop for 8 secs on speed 4
2. While potatoes are still warm add flour, yeast, sugar (100gms), butter, eggs and warm milk. Gradually bring up speed to speed 8 and combine for 6-8 seconds.
- Knead for 1-2 mins on interval speed.
3. Turn out on floured surface an cut dough into smaller pieces. With rolling pin roll out onto a circle about 1 cm thick. Using a large scone cutter cut out pieces. Using a smaller cutter, cut a small hole in the middle to make a doughnut shape. Alternatively, you could also roll walnut sized balls and roll them into 10 cm long sausages and shape them into donuts.
4. Place cut pieces onto floured surface and stand covered for 30 mins or until doubled in size.
5. Combine extra sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla sugar in a bowl.
6. Deep fry doughnuts in small batches. 4 at a time works well,drain on absorbent paper, while warm roll in sugar/cinnamon and serve warm.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Keto Ice Cream
- Eggless edible cookie dough
- Delectable Millionaire’s Shortbread (Caramel Slice)
- Meringue Cupcakes "skuimpies"
- Healthy chocolate coconut slice
- Creamy Leche Flan
- No-bake hazelnut slice
- Chocolate Chia Pudding (Vegan)
- Chia Custard Pudding - adapted from Pete Evans recipe (Paleo)
- Thermo Cazza's Rocky Road
- Berry Yogurt Sorbet
- Croatian Kifle ~ Shortcrust biscuits with jam
- Raspberry Ripple Nougat Parfait TM adjusted from Lyndey's Cracking Christmas
- Croatian ~ Mlince
- Corn Fritters
- Croatian Plum Dumplings ~ Knedle s Sljivama
- Loukoumades Greek Honey Puffs
- Tomato sauce for Ricotta Gnocchi or any pasta dish
- Ricotta Gnocchi
- Galaktoboureko Greek Custard Pie
- Baked 'Bistro-Style' Cheesecake
- Homemade Bagels