- 3 sheets Puff pastry
- 200 g sugar
- 90 g cornflour
- 75 g custard powder
- 1 litres Milk (Full Cream)
- 60 g Butter
- 2 egg yolks, (save whites for icing)
- 3 tsp vanilla essence
- 200 g icing sugar, (or make your own)
- 2 egg whites, (saved from previous step)
- 30 g dark chocolate
- 5 g Butter
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees C
Place pastry flat on a tray and bake till golden
Once cooked press flat and allow to cool
- Get rectangle slice tin and line the base and sides with baking paper
Place one and a half sheets of cooked pastry on the base (cut to size if needed)
- Add sugar, cornflour, custard powder, butter, vanilla and milk to your Thermomix and cook 8 mins, 90 degrees, speed 4
- add egg yolks and cook 5 mins 100degrees speed 4
- Allow to cool for a few minutes (not too long or it will set) then pour custard over prepared pastry base.
Top custard with remaining pastry on top and pop in fridge to set
- Once custard set, make icing
Put icing sugar and egg white in Thermomix and mix 1 minute speed 4. (add more sugar if need be - it will depend on size of your eggs you want it spreadable but not too runny)
Spread on vanilla slice
- Optional icing decoration extra -
Melt chocolate in microwave and stir though butter.
Once melted place in piping bag either:
* spread thinly and mix with white icing on top; or
* pipe lines on top of white and drag a knife through to make patterns; or
* pipe in zig zags on wet white icing.
* or however you want to decorate
Place in fridge to set
- Once all set cut into squares with a sharp knife and enjoy!
For more Cooking Ideas, Recipes and Tips check out my Business Page-
Thermie and Friends Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/ThermieFriends/
Thermie and Friends Instagram - [color=blue]https://www.instagram.com/thermiefriendsjanine/[/color]
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- MINT CHOC-CHIP NANAIMO BARS
- Apple & Rasperry Crumble
- Cacao Pistachio Bliss Balls
- Wholesome Choco Fix Balls
- Raw Lemon Slice
- DATE & COCONUT BLISS BALLS
- CARAMEL GINGER FUDGE
- Strawberry Bliss Balls
- Caramel Hemp Protein Balls
- Dans frozen treats Variation Frozen Mango Bars...
- Dans Nuts. Doughnuts that is. Variation Jam Ball Donuts.
- Dairy and Egg free Chocolate Custard
- Janine's Spicy Popcorn Cauliflower - Thermie and Friends
- Janine's Vegan Chocolate Raspberry Cake and Frosting - Thermie and Friends
- Janine's Flower Citrus biscuits - Thermie and Friends
- Janine's Berry Bounty Bites - Thermie and Friends
- Janine's Choccy Rocks - Thermie and Friends
- Arnott's Monte Carlo Biscuits - Recipe by Arnotts, Converted to Thermomix by Janine Smith - Thermie and Friends
- Janine's Chocolate Crackles (copha free) - Thermie and Friends
- Janine's Kiss Biscuits - Thermie and Friends
- Janine's Sweet Vanilla and Orange Trail Mix - Thermie and Friends
- Janine's Lemon Cheesecake - Thermie and Friends
- Evelyns Chocolate Ripple Biscuits
- Janine's Nua Phad Prik Thai Onn - Pepper Beef Stirfry - Thermie and Friends
- Almond Cookies
- Sweet Yeast Bread Rings
- Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder
- MINT CHOC-CHIP NANAIMO BARS
- Quick and Easy Mac and Cheese
- Crispy Waffle Batter
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Chicken & Mushroom Vol Au Vent
- Apricot Chicken with french onion soup powder mix
- LYNN'S STEAK, KIDNEY AND MUSHROOM CASSEROLE
- Vietnamese Banh Mi baguettes