- 1/4 teaspoon Orange essential oil OR, zest of 2 oranges finely grated
- 250 g Merlot or Cabernet wine
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili flakes
- 20 g Dark Cocoa, (use a good quality dark one)
- 75 g Rice Malt Syrup
- 75 g Glucose (corn) syrup
- 35 g Dark Chocolate (70% cocoa butter), broken into squares
*Combine the zest (if using) or essential oil, wine, sugar and chili to the TMx bowl and heat 6mins, 90 deg, speed 1.
*Strain the mixture into another jug or bowl using a nut milk bag or similar filter to line the simmering basket. Ensure no residue is left in the bowl before returning the liquid to the Thermomix bowl.
*Add the cocoa and syrups. Mix 2mins, 90 deg, speed 2.
*Turn the blades to speed 2 (mc off) and allow the mixture to cool until it reaches 60 deg.
*Keep the blades spinning sp 2 and add the chocolate in small pieces. Keep the blades spinning untill all the chocolate is melted.
*Bottle sauce into sterilised jars or bottles. Should make about 500ml.
Ensure your mixture is no hotter than 60 deg when adding the chocolate, so that the chocolate is not overheated. (otherwise it will go gritty and lumpy)
This sauce is lovely warmed or chilled and served over fresh berries, fruit, ice cream and desserts. It will stay pourable when chilled, so can be stored in the fridge in a squeezee bottle for easy serving options. I have also enjoyed it as a hot drink, simply add a little to hot milk and stir. Yum!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Healthy Hedgehog Slice
- Bec's Brownies
- Berry Shortcake
- SIMPLE PASSION FRUIT ICE CREAM
- COCONUT HEALTH BALLS
- Grainfree Waffles
- Quick fruit sorbet (TM31)
- Fruity dream (soft serve ice cream) (TM31)
- Caribbean Carrot Cake Variant
- Vegan orange and rum truffles
- Brown sugar meringues
- QUICK Chocolate Ice Cream