- 400 grams glutinous rice, soaked overnight.
- 400 grams coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 40 grams sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100 grams Granulated sugar
- 15 screwpine/pandan leaves
- 200 grams water
- 90 grams all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 300 grams coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon green pandan colouring
- 3 litre BOILNG WATER
1h 30minPreparation 1h 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Soak the glutinous rice overnight with sufficient water.
Drain rice using simmering basket and add coconut milk and salt to rice in a bowl mix through well and pour into a round dish approximately 2 inch high that will fit in the Varoma.
Boil 1.5 litre water and pour into TM bowl. Set Varoma in place and cook rice for 30mins Varoma Sp3.5 or until cooked(checking to see if additional time is needed)
When cooked, remove and using banana leave press down to compress rice.
Empty water from TM bowl. Cut screwpine/pandan leaves into 1 1/2 inch length and add 200 gms water and blend for 1 min Sp 10. Pour into muslin or nutbag to drain juice. Set aside.
Wash TM bowl, dry and weigh in sugar and mill 10 secs. Add eggs, blend for 1 min Sp 4-5 then add reserved pandan juice, all purpose flour, cornflour, coconut mik, salt and green colouring. Blend 30 secs on sp 4-5. Add more colouring if needed then pour on top of rice.
Boil another 1.5 L water, pour into TM bowl and reset Varoma in place with rice mix and cook for 25mins-30mins Varoma Sp3 or till cooked.
Slice when cooled and serve.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mel’s anything goes Rocky Road
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- SUTLIJASH (RICE PUDDING)
- Chocolate Mousse - 2 ingredients and egg free
- Cashew Custard, dairy free
- Sticky Date and Pear Cake
- Raspberry, almond, cacao and hemp bliss balls
- Pouring sugar-free low-fat Vanilla Custard
- 'The Real Deal' Creme Brulee
- Chocolate Bliss Balls (my version of Boost Juice ones)
- Best Ever Lemon Meringue Pie
- Bak Kwa(Chinese Pork Jerky)
- Homemade Chinese Fish Balls
- Ondeh Ondeh adapted to the TM
- Adapted Claypot Chicken Rice
- Clam Chowder
- Adapted Rainbow Cheesecake
- Upside-down sticky orange sponge cake(adapted)
- Espresso Chocolate Cake
- Topsy Turvy Lemon Meringue Pie
- Chorizo, cumin and tomato rice(Cajun dirty rice)
- Venetian Biscuits
- Chocolate Coconut Biscuits
- Old-Fashioned Cooked Mayonnaise
- Roasted Carrot & Garlic Dip
- Peanut Salad Dressing Recipes
- Calamansi Jam/Marmalade
- Super simple Orange and poppy seed cake...perfect for kids to make!
- Sweet Potato & Lentil Soup
- Creamy chicken pasta / Mac
- Pumpkin spiced cookies
- Lasagne with Spinach and Ricotta
- The Best butter cream frosting