- 4 eggs
- 285 g Rapadura or Raw Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 75 g Plain Flour.
- 30 g Corn Flour
- 40 g Cacao or cocoa powder
- 80 g Desiccated Coconut
- 400 g strawberries hulled
- 30 g rapadura sugar or raw sugar
- 25 g water
- 60 g rapadura sugar or raw sugar
- 30 g cornflour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 500 g Milk
- 200 g whipping cream
- 80 g Shredded coconut
Make the Guilt Free Lamington Recipe on the recipe community
//www.recipecommunity.com.au/recipes/guilt-free-lamingtons/108870 (then save the recipe in your favourites so that it is easy to find for next time)
1. Halve strawberries, removing the leafy top (for extra large strawberries you could even quarter) add these, sugar and water to TM Bowl and cook 6 Mins, 90 degrees, REVERSE, Sp 1.
2. Cook for a further 4 mins, 90 degrees, REVERSE, Sp 1 with MC off to reduce liquid.
3. Set aside to cool, at this stage you can evenly distribute into 6 glasses or in one large glass bowl in the refrigerator to start to set.
1. Add sugar and cornflour to the TM Bowl and Mill 10 Secs, Sp 10
2. Add all wet ingredients and cook for 7 mins, 90 degrees, Sp 4.
3. Set aside to cool.
1. Put butterfly into place and pour cream into bowl and whip for approximately 40secs, sp 4 (check on how it is going at around 30 seconds as you can always add more time, too long and you will have butter)
2. Set aside for layering
1. Place Strawberry Compote into the base of each class jar, distribute amount evenly and should give you approximately 1-2 cm at the base of your jar depending on the jar size.
2. Put approx 2 heaped spoons of cooled custard on top of strawberry compote to just cover it.
3. Tear apart one lamington (prepared first) and spread evenly on top of the custard.
4. Add a second layer of custard on top of the Lamington cake layer, approx 3 heaped tablespoons.
5. Sprinkle with toasted coconut
6. Put 2 tablespoons of Whipped Cream and spread out to the edges of the jar.
7. Finish by sprinkling with Toasted coconut
Recipe contributed by Sarah Calvert, WA Consultant
TIP: Prepare the lamingtons a day before for a richer chocolatey texture and have all elements ready to layer and serve. All ingredients can be made even a day in advance and layer just before serving.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.