- 200 gram raw sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 2 grams cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- pinch salt
1h 10minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Preheat oven to 120°C. Prepare mini muffin tray or baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
2. Place 200 raw sugar into mixing bowl and mill 3 sec/speed 10. Transfer into a bowl and set aside
3. Insert butterfly whisk. Place 3 egg whites [+/100 gram], 2 gram cream of tartar and pinch of salt into mixing bowl and whip 2 min/speed 4 [until stiff without measuring cup]
4. Mix 1 min/speed 4 [without measuring cup], slowly adding reserved sugar followed by 5ml vanilla essence through hole in mixing bowl until well combined.
5. Scrape down sides and mix for another 30 sec/speed 4.
6. Transfer mixture evenly into mini muffin tray OR use piping bag make and make small upside down cones. Bake for 1hr.
For even better results, switch oven off after the hour and leave meringues in oven until completely cold. Transfer into sealable container until you use it.
Add mix nuts [50gr] and chop/mill before step 1 in mixing bowl for 4 sec/speed 6 and transfer to bowl and set aside. Add to mixture in step 5. Prolong for 30sec if required.
- rosegold mini muffin trays OR baking tray with baking paper
- piping bag with round nozzle OR cupcake pen
This is not my recipe. I have convert the well loved and trusted South African "KOOK EN GENIET" book's Meringue recipe.
It worked the first time perfectly! please try it yourself and send me your feedback.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.