- 1 Loaf of White Bread or Fruit Loaf, (2-3 Day Old, almost Stale)
- water, (Enough to cover Bread completely)
- 300 g sugar
- 80 g almonds, (1/2 Cup)
- 60 g walnuts, (1/2 Cup)
- 1 Zest of a Lemon or Orange
- 120 g plain four, (1 Cup)
- 160 g Coconut, (2 Cups)
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- Saltanas, (1/2 Cup)
- 60 g Margarine or Soft Butter, (3 Tablespoons)
- 395 g sweetened condensed milk, (1 small tin)
Tear Loaf of Bread into small chunks, place in Large Mixing Bowl, completey cover with water (Set Aside to Soak for 1-4hrs, or overnight if preferred)
Drain soaked Bread Well, (Set Aside)
Pre-Heat oven 200*C
Grate Nuts in TM Mixing Bowl. 2-3sec/speed 5 (Set Aside)
Grate Zest. 10sec/speed 9. Scrap down sides of TM Bowl and repeat as required.
Add into TM Mixing Bowl, All the dry ingredients and margarine. Combine 15sec/speed 5.
Add Saltanas and combined Nuts (that were set aside). Stir through mixture 10sec//speed 3.
Scrap down sides of TM Bowl, reset timer gradually add Sweeten Condensed Milk whist stirring 30-40sec//speed 3, or until mixture is combined.
Transfer mixture from TM Bowl, into Large mixing bowl with drained soaked Bread, combine well by Hand, until mixture is chocolate in colour. (Break Up any large bits of Crust you may come across)
Pour or Spoon into desired baking dish or trays.
Cook in Pre-heated Over, 30-40mins, or until Firm on top. (Reduce cooking time by about 10mins if using smaller muffin type trays etc).
Allow to rest for 5-10mins before serving... Enjoy
Nana's Puddina il-Hobz (Maltese Bread Pudding)
Accessories you need
You can replace Saltanas with Chocolate (Chopped) and add a dash of Whisky if desired.
Best served warm with Custard or when Cold on its own.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Apple & Rasperry Crumble
- Cacao Pistachio Bliss Balls
- Wholesome Choco Fix Balls
- Raw Lemon Slice
- DATE & COCONUT BLISS BALLS
- CARAMEL GINGER FUDGE
- Strawberry Bliss Balls
- Caramel Hemp Protein Balls
- Dans frozen treats Variation Frozen Mango Bars...
- Dans Nuts. Doughnuts that is. Variation Jam Ball Donuts.
- Dairy and Egg free Chocolate Custard
- Janine's Berry Bounty Bites - Thermie and Friends
- Crispy Waffle Batter
- Keto fluffy sweet waffles
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Apricot Chicken with french onion soup powder mix
- LYNN'S SPREADABLE BUTTER
- LYNN'S STEAK, KIDNEY AND MUSHROOM CASSEROLE
- Vietnamese Banh Mi baguettes
- Spice Pumpkin Soup
- Gluten free berry yoghurt cake
- Apple & Rasperry Crumble
- Chicken Tikka Pathia (adapted from British Indian Restaurant/Take Away recipes)