- 300 grams sweet potato
- 120 grams potato
- 45 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon Pandan essence
- 100-250 grams palm sugar, cut into cubes
- 100-200 grams dessicated coconut
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 220-250 grams cold water
- 300 grams glutinous rice
- 3-5 litres water, depending on size of pot
1h 0minPreparation 1h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place dessicated coconut and pinch of salt in bowl, add 2 tablespoon hot water and set aside.
Weigh glutinous rice and sugar into TM bowl. place a piece of paper towel on lid and insert MC in hole( to prevent rice dust flying everywhere). Mill sp 10 for 3 mins. Set aside and wash bowl
Peel potatoes, cut into 1 - 1 1/2 inch cubes and place into TM bowl with 105 gms water and cook for 13 mins 100 deg sp 1.5.
Insert butterfly, sp 4 for 30 secs.
Add sugar and glutinous flour mixture, pandan essence and approx 120 gm of water. Mix on sp 4-5 for 6 secs. Knead for 2 mins and adjust water accordingly to get a lovely pliable dough.
Roll dough into small balls, flatten with fingers, place a small square of palm sugar in the middle and close dough up into a ball again enveloping the palm sugar. Repeat till all the dough is wrapped with palm sugar.
Set water to boil on stove top and add small number of dough balls at a time into rolling boiling water. When balls float to top of water, remove and roll in reserved dessicated coconut.
Let it cool and serve when cold. Better prepared a few hours before serving.
May need a little more pandan essence depending on colour. You can make your own pandan juice from fresh pandan leaves.
Can made in TM5 or TM31
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Banana, coconut and choc chip Ice cream - vegan, egg free, DF
- 5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Energy Balls
- Guilt-free vegan Chocolate Balls
- Rocky Road
- Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies
- Macha Blancmange
- Strawberry and pear pancakes
- Orange and Poppy Seed Energy Balls
- Sticky Date Baked Cheesecake
- 4 ingredient Crunchie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Raw Raspberry and Coconut Cheesecake
- Chocolate Truffles (Brazilian Brigadeiros)
- Bak Kwa(Chinese Pork Jerky)
- Homemade Chinese Fish Balls
- Kuih Seri Muka adapted to the Thermomix
- Adapted Claypot Chicken Rice
- Clam Chowder
- Adapted Rainbow Cheesecake
- Upside-down sticky orange sponge cake(adapted)
- Espresso Chocolate Cake
- Topsy Turvy Lemon Meringue Pie
- Chorizo, cumin and tomato rice(Cajun dirty rice)
- Creamy spinach and mushroom pasta
- Mediterranean Carrot Fritters
- Kumara & Feta Bliss Balls
- Maltese Baked Rice
- Pork apple & fennel meatloaf
- Tomato, lentil and fish dahl
- Broccoli, Cauli and Zucchini Soup
- Variation Apricot Chicken
- Caribbean Vegan Potato and Chickpea Curry
- Classic Satay Sauce
- Pad see ew
- Chicken Wing & Vege Soup