- 50 g Butter
- 250 g Milk
- 250 g water
- 15 g dried yeast
- 125 g buckwheat
- 125 g plain flour
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch salt
Ensure your TM bowl is clean & dry then add the buckwheat and mill 1 min / sp 9. Set aside & wipe out TM bowl.
Add butter to TM bowl & melt 1 min / 50 degrees / sp 3.
Add milk, water & yeast then heat 1 min / 37 degrees / sp 2.
Add plain flour, reserved buckwheat flour, egg & salt and combine 10 sec / sp 5.
Pour warm batter into 2L thermoserver, lid on & allow to sit for 30mins to double in size. (You could pre-warm the server with a small amount of hot water if it's a cold day).
Serve warm dusted with icing sugar & drizzled with maple syrup.
Or with sliced fruit (eg. banana or strawberries)
Or with lemon juice & icing sugar.
Preparing the batter
Cooking the Poffertjes
If you don't have buckwheat, you can use extra plain flour but it wont have the characteristic flavour of the traditional dutch pancake.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vanilla Slice
- Vanilla Fudge
- Chocolate caramel coconut balls
- Mel’s anything goes Rocky Road
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- SUTLIJASH (RICE PUDDING)
- Chocolate Mousse - 2 ingredients and egg free
- Cashew Custard, dairy free
- Sticky Date and Pear Cake
- Raspberry, almond, cacao and hemp bliss balls
- Pouring sugar-free low-fat Vanilla Custard
- Portuguese Tarts - with lemon infusion
- Jaffa Bliss Balls
- Variation of Savoury Scrolls with Pumpkin Dough
- Super Simple Coconut Loaf
- Tomato Quinoa Soup
- Baked Peach Torte
- Chocolate Heaven (Brownies with Raspberries)
- Spicy Coconut Apple Twists
- Avocado Mayonnaise
- Jaffa Fudge Cake
- Chicken Tortilla Stack
- Pumpkin Scone Wedge