- 50 g Butter
- 250 g Milk
- 250 g water
- 15 g dried yeast
- 125 g buckwheat
- 125 g plain flour
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch salt
Ensure your TM bowl is clean & dry then add the buckwheat and mill 1 min / sp 9. Set aside & wipe out TM bowl.
Add butter to TM bowl & melt 1 min / 50 degrees / sp 3.
Add milk, water & yeast then heat 1 min / 37 degrees / sp 2.
Add plain flour, reserved buckwheat flour, egg & salt and combine 10 sec / sp 5.
Pour warm batter into 2L thermoserver, lid on & allow to sit for 30mins to double in size. (You could pre-warm the server with a small amount of hot water if it's a cold day).
Serve warm dusted with icing sugar & drizzled with maple syrup.
Or with sliced fruit (eg. banana or strawberries)
Or with lemon juice & icing sugar.
Preparing the batter
Cooking the Poffertjes
If you don't have buckwheat, you can use extra plain flour but it wont have the characteristic flavour of the traditional dutch pancake.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Quick Mix Vanilla Ice Cream
- Delectable Vanilla Fudge
- Easy Crepe Recipe
- Impossible Pie
- Vegan no bake energy balls (birthday cake) from The Edgy Veg
- Converted Healthy Mummy chocolate weetbix slice
- Lavender Icecream
- No-bake hazelnut slice
- White Nectarine & Pink Lady Sorbet
- Gluten Free Fruit Crumble
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Portuguese Tarts - with lemon infusion
- Jaffa Bliss Balls
- Variation of Savoury Scrolls with Pumpkin Dough
- Super Simple Coconut Loaf
- Tomato Quinoa Soup
- Baked Peach Torte
- Chocolate Heaven (Brownies with Raspberries)
- Spicy Coconut Apple Twists
- Jaffa Fudge Cake
- Chicken Tortilla Stack
- Pumpkin Scone Wedge
- Healthy Chocolate Brownies (with carrot & spinach - shh!)
- Spaghetti Alfredo
- Green Chicken Curry with Jasmine Rice
- Hot Cross Buns with plain flour
- Traditional ANZAC biscuits
- Gluten free cheesecake caramel slice
- Apple and cinnamon muffins
- Lemon & Blueberry Muffins (Paleo)
- Gluten Free Anzac Biscuits
- Easy Pancakes
- raspberry & coconut slice
- Lisa's Banana Muffins
- Hot cross buns