- 1 large or 2 small quinces, (250-300)g
- 30-40 g lemon juice
- 1 strip lemon zest, peeled with peeler, (6-7cm), no white pith
- 1 star anise
- 150 g raw sugar
- 40 g water
- 100 g Butter, unsalted
- 100 g sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Paste/Extract
- 2 eggs
- 100 g Self Raising Flour
- 1 tsp ground cardamom (or you can mill this before you start)
- 500 g water
- 140 g reserved quince puree, (half a cup)
- 120 g sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla paste / extract
Can be made up to a week in advance (kept in fridge).Wash quince and cut into 8 wedges. Remove seeds and core. Do not peel.Chop wedges into 1-2cm cubes.Place all Puree ingredients inot bowl and cook for 50mins/100°C/"Counter-clockwise operation" /"Gentle stir setting" /MC in until quince is soft and pulpy.Pulverise at speed 8 for 15 secs. Set aside.
Place all pudding ingredients in bowl and mix at speed 6 for 20-25 secs until mixture is smooth.Line Varoma tray and base with 15 silicone patty pans.Reserve 1/2 cup of quince puree for sauce. Place half a dessertspoonful of remaining quince puree into the bottom of each patty pan.Spoon about 1 Tbs pudding mixture on top to fill patty pan 3/4 full.Cover with Varoma lid.Add all Sauce ingredients to the bowl, plus any remaining quince puree. Place Varoma in position and steam for 25 mins/Varoma temp/speed 2.
When puddings have finished steaming, remove Varoma.With MC off, cook sauce for another 10 mins /Varoma temp/speed 2 to reduce and thicken. If too sweet, add 1 tsp of lemon juice.
Place a spoonful of sauce in serving bowl/plate. Carefully invert a pudding onto sauce and remove silicon mold. Quince puree should be on top.Serve with a little dollop of whillped cream, if desired.
Accessories you need
Can be made gluten free by using GF flour.Can be made dairy free by subsituting dairy free margarine for butter.Can subsitute ground ginger for cardamom for a different flavour.
Easily made in TM31 or TM5.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Super Easy Waffles
- Biscoff Icecream
- Cherry Ripe Slice
- Raw Berry Caramel Slice
- Snow Skin Mooncake
- Mooncake Fruit Custard Filling
- Mandarin, Almond & Cardamom Muffins
- Apple & Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- White Chocolate & Berry Cheesecake - Gluten Free
- Sweet Chocolate Log or Balls
- Gluten Free Butterscotch Self-saucing Pudding
- Cranberry Coconut Bliss Balls
- Fennel Puree
- SPICED BANANA BREAD (EGG-FREE, DAIRY FREE)
- Bulk, Catering Quantity(12L) Pancake Batter
- Chocolate Ginger Love with Strawberry & Basil Sugar
- Very Easy Chocolate Fudge Sauce (Gluten-Free, sugar-free, dairy free, soy-free, vegan, scrumptious!)
- Allergy Friendly Zucchini Slice (Egg-free, gluten-free, dairy-free)
- MOROCCAN RICE SALAD
- Grape Pudding / Grape Juice Pudding GF DF
- Apple Oat Slice - Wheat free; Egg free; Vegan
- Dairy Free, Egg-free 'Cheese' & Herb Gnocchi in Tomato Sauce
- Spicy Vegan Sausages (Wheat Free)
- Quickest Scones
- Jam drop biscuits
- Macadamia Caramel Squares
- Sticky Date Slice
- Choc-chip zucchini banana cake
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Thermomix Play Dough
- Eggless Mini Banana Bread Muffins
- Pickled Beetroot
- Rhubarb and Strawberry Cake with Crumble
- My mum’s Mauritian Poutou
- Super Easy Waffles
- Peanut Satay Chicken