- 125 grams walnuts
- 175 grams pitted dates
- 40 grams dessicated coconut
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 carrots
- 180 grams raw cashews, Soaked for at least 1/2 hr
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons Maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 lemon, Juiced
- 1/3 Cup Coconut oil
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Line a 20x20 cake pan with cling wrap.
- Add walnuts and dates to bowl. Mix for 10 sec/speed 6/MC on.
Add coconut and spices and salt. Mix 3sec/speed 4/MC on.
Set aside dry ingredients in a bowl.
- without washing bowl, grate carrots for 5 sec/speed 5/MC on.
Add the dry ingredients and process for 8 secs/speed 9/MC on.
Scrape bowl and repeat if you want a smooth texture.
- Put mixture into prepared tin and smooth the surface with a spatula. Place in freezer while you prepare the topping.
- rinse and drain cashews. Add to bowl. Add the rest of the frosting ingredients to the bowl and blend for 1 min/speed 9/MC on.
- Scrape down the lid and slides and ensure that it is a smooth creamy consistency. If not process until smooth.
Pour over carrot mixture and ensure top is smooth.
Optional: sprinkle dessicated coconut over top to garnish.
Put tin back in freezer to set.
Slice into squares when partially frozen or midway through thawing.
Accessories you need
When mixing carrot mixture, add 2 tbsp water if mixture is too dry to mix properly (this will depend on how "juicy" your carrots are).
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.