- 200 g pumpkin, or butternut squash
- 75 g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder, (not soda)
- 2 tbsp Granulated sugar, (add only half a tsp if making a savoury side dish)
- 2 large eggs
- 25 g oil, for frying
- 4 tbsp cinnamon sugar, if using for dessert
The pumpkin must be as dry as possible once cooked so I place it in the rice basket and put in 1/2 L of water to steam the pumpkin for about 20 minutes(this depends on the size and type of pumpkin being used). Once the pumpkin is soft all the way through then it is ready.
Once cooked remove pumpkin and pat dry with a kitchen paper.
Discard water and pu the pumpkin back into the TM bowl.
Add all the dry ingredients.
10sec/ speed 4
The batter should almost hold its shape. If to stiff add a small amount of milk.
If it is too runny then add a little more flour.
Add oil to frying pan on medium high heat.
Scoop a heaped table spoon of batter and drop into frying pan.
Fry until firm andgolden on the underside(this is important otherwise it will run everywhere)
The flip over and fry until golden brown.
To test if they are cooked press firmly and you should see that they springback into shape.
Eat as a side dish or as a dessert with cinnamon sugar.
Cooking the pumpkin
Making the batter
Once you have fried them, place them on paper towl to absorb in excess oil.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Choc peanut butter balls
- 3 ingredient vanilla ice-cream
- Gluten Free Muesli Bars
- Nut free chocolate berry bliss balls
- Peppermint Bliss Balls (Gluten Free, Grain Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free and Refined Sugar Free) Healthy Mummy
- Chantilly Cream
- Dairy Free Strawberry Ice Cream (refined sugar free)
- Delicious healthy version of Lemon Slice - Dairy Free
- Strawberry Frozen yogurt
- Nanna's Lemon Sago
- Tim Tam tarts (or cheesecake)
- Black rice steam cake gluten-free