- 80 grams Rapdura/Raw Sugar
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 80 grams honey
- 1/2 cinnamon quill
- 150 grams water
- 1 teaspoon Rosewater
- 2 teaspoons Orange Blossom Water
- 2 cinnamon quill
- 6 cloves
- 1.5 vanilla beans
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cardomon
- 30 grams Rapadura/Raw suagr
- 220 grams Each Pistachio & Walnut Kernals
- 200 grams melted butter
- 375 grams Filo Pastry
Mill cinnamon, cloves, vanilla beans, cardamon, 30g rapadura for 10 sec, sp 10.
Add nuts and chop roughly for 5 sec, sp 4. Set aside.
Melt butter, 2 mins, 60C, sp 3.
Brush large baking dish with butter and cut filo to size.
Layer 1/3 of pastry into tray, brush liberally with butter between every second sheet.
Spread half nut mixture over pastry.
Repeat with next 1/3 pastry, the remaining nut mixture and finish with remaining pastry. Buttering between every second or so sheet. Refridgerate for 15 mins.
Preheat Oven to 180C.
Cut Cold Baklava in diamond pattern being careful not to cut right through the pastry as this will stop syrup collecting on base of dish.
Bake 35-45 mins until golden.
Mill Sugar and lemon zest, 10sec, sp 10.
Add honey, cinnamon and water and cook for 10mins, 100C, "Counter-clockwise operation" , sp 1.
Add lemon juice and fragrant waters and allow to infuse for a while or until cooled. Strain through TM basket.
When Baklava has been out of oven for 5 mins, drizzle syrup over evenly. Cool before cutting through base of pastry to serve.
More spice and less sweet Version from the Thermomix 2011 Calendar
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Healthy gut gummies
- Pie Maker Nutella Doughnuts
- South African Milk Food - Frummel Melkkos
- Russian custard
- ThermoGourmand Baked Crumble Topping
- Apricot Bites
- Lotus Cheesecake
- Donna’s Fluffy Pancakes
- Gluten Free Pancakes
- THERMOMUMMA SUPER THICK (& RICH) CHOCOLATE CUSTARD
- Chocolate Pistachio Christmas Star
- Caramel Fudge
- Grain Free Pizza Base (AIP, paleo, low carb, yeast free, egg free)
- Dr Frank's Paleo Grain Free Bread/Focaccia
- Breakfast Acai Bowl
- Chocolate Nutty Slice (Sugar Free, GF, Paleo)
- Creamy Yoghurt
- Chia and Sunflower GF Loaf
- Paleo Pizza Base
- Raw Mango & Cashew Dreamcake
- Crunchy Coriander and Peanut Fritters (GF/DF)
- Mango Macadamia Ice-Cream (DF)
- Wholefood Berry Cake
- Roasted Beetroot Dip
- Healthy gut gummies
- Puteri Ayu (Quinn's)
- Suet Pastry
- Choc Chip Muesli Bars
- Vietnamese Pork Loaf
- Vietnamese Steam fish with ginger and garlic
- Iced Coffee Syrup
- Sweet Potato and Red Kidney Bean stew with peanuts.
- Rissotto con Camarones y leche de coco
- Elderberry Syrup
- Easy Brocoli Pasta
- THERMOMUMMA PIZZA DOUGH (WITH SOURDOUGH OPTION)