Steamed pistachio cheesecakes with mango
- 80 g unsalted pistachio nuts, shelled
- butter, for greasing
- 4 fresh mint leaves, plus extra for garnishing
- 1 lime, zest only, no white pith
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 30 g raw sugar
- 150 g cream cheese
- 120 g ricotta cheese, drained
- 2 eggs
- 500 g water
- 2 fresh mango cheeks, flesh only, diced
Place 40 g of the pistachio nuts into mixing bowl and chop 4 sec/speed 7.
Liberally grease 4 ramekins (6-8 cm) or dariole moulds with butter.
Add chopped pistachio nuts and rotate ramekin or mould to coat the bottom and sides. Remove any excess nuts from ramekins or moulds and set aside for garnishing.
- Place remaining 40 g pistachio nuts into mixing bowl and chop 1 sec/speed 7. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Place mint, lime zest, cornflour and sugar into mixing bowl and mill 15 sec/speed 9. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula. Repeat if necessary until a fine consistency is achieved.
- Add cream cheese, ricotta and eggs and blend 10 sec/speed 4, then heat 3 min/70°C/speed 3. Repeat blending 10 sec/speed 4, then pour into prepared ramekins or moulds, stopping 1 cm from the top. Place ramekins or moulds into Varoma dish and cover with a double layer of paper towel. Rinse mixing bowl.
- Place water into mixing bowl and place Varoma into position. Steam 20 min/Varoma/speed 1. Once cooked, allow cheesecakes to rest in ramekins for 30 minutes, then gently remove cheesecakes from ramekins or moulds and place onto serving plates. Place cheesecakes into the refrigerator to chill.
- Once chilled, serve cheesecakes garnished with diced mango, extra mint leaves and a sprinkle of reserved pistachio nuts.
Frozen mango cheeks can be used if fresh ones are not available, simply allow to thaw before dicing.
Any leftover pistachio nuts can be sprinkled on top of yoghurt or bircher muesli for breakfast.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Breastfeeding (Lactation) Bliss Balls
- Variation Healthy Apricot, Nut & Seeds Bliss Balls
- Fruity yoghurt flavoring
- Banana, Strawberry and Kale ice cream, dairy free, sugar free, GAPS friendly
- Coconut and Apricot Chia Pudding
- Choc Orange Bliss Balls
- Choc Topping- Paleo or not
- Yummy Carrot Spice Bliss Balls
- Cranberry and Cashew Protein Balls
- Healthy Gummies
- Cold marshmallow
- No Bake Lemon Cheesecake
- Louise Keats Lemon tart
- Hot cross buns
- Chocolate hazelnut kisses
- Fennel, date and nut bread
- Tomato pasta with vegetables and feta (TM31)
- Fruit and nut muesli (TM31)
- Quick fruit sorbet (TM31)
- Fruity dream (soft serve ice cream) (TM31)
- Crunchy carrot salad (TM31)
- Three cheese and spinach rolls (TM31)
- Kawakawa smoked NZ lamb with native herb, beetroot, garlic cream and ancient grain wafers - Chef Dave Anderson
- Golden latte - Louise Keats
- Beef Cheeks on Mashed Cauliflower & Baby Carrots
- Steamed Slider Buns
- Alkalising Green Smoothie
- Macadamia,Cranberry & Pepita Anzac Biscuits
- Low Salicylate Carob Sweet Potato Brownies
- Jam tart daisies
- Gluten Free Pizza Base x2
- Chicken Casserole
- Oat & Coconut Cookies Gluten, Dairy & Sugar free
- Almond & Oat Milk
- Choc Topping- Paleo or not
- Hummus with White Miso (Andrew Zimmern)