- 500 grams Baker's Flour
- 285 grams water
- 15 grams dried yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 grams Bread Improver ( optional)
- 20 grams Gluten
- 50 grams sugar
- 40 grams Butter
- 15 grams mixed spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and all spice)
- 20 grams bitten egg
- 125 grams sultanas
- 75 grams currants
- 80 grams plain flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 100 grams water
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp sugar
1h 55minPreparation 1h 40minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Soak dried fruit overnight or soak in boiling water if you forgot to soak it overnight.
1. Place water and yeast into the mixing bowl. 3 min/37ºC/ speed 1.
2. Add flour, salt, mixed spices, bread improver, gluten and sugar. Mix 5 seconds/speed 7.
3. Add bitten egg and butter and mix 10 second/ speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula and knead for 3 minutes.
4. Drain soak fruit and remove as much water as possible. Add to mixing bowl with the other ingredients and mix 10 sec//speed 5.
5. Make a big ball with the mixture and leave to rest cover with plastic wrap or kitchen towel for 20 minutes or until doubled in size.
6. Weigh dough and divide into 12 equal-sized pieces. Leave to prove again for another 15 minutes.
7. Roll your 12 pieces of dough into buns. Place them into a baking tray and cover for a final prove for 45 minutes.
8. During the last prove, prepare piping mixture and preheat the oven to 200ºC.
9. Put flour, salt, olive oil and water into the mixing bowl and mix 30 sec/speed 4.
10. Pour into piping bag and pipe crosses on top of the buns. Bake buns for 15 minutes or until golden.
11. In the mindtime prepate syrup to paint the buns after they are baked.
12. Place water and sugar into mixing bowl and cook 2 min/100ºC/speed 4.
13. Paint buns with a pastry brush as soon as you take them from the oven.
14. allow them to cool in a tray 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
Serve warm and enjoy Easter.
Chocolate Hot Cross Buns can be done using the same recipe as above but substituting fruit for 145 grms of chocolate chips or chopped chocolate.
Chop your chocolate using your thermomix. This will be your first step in the recipe. Don't wash the bowl and continue with the recipe.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mango and Coconut pudding (low sugar)
- marble cheese brownies
- Toblerone & Caramel Simple Ice Cream
- Jules Bliss Balls
- Rocky Road
- Choc Mousse 2 ingredients low Fodmap
- Cookie Dough Protein Bars
- Variation Choc Mint Bliss Balls with Crown Mints
- One Minute Snickers from Wholefood Simply
- Indian rice pudding
- Caramilk No Bake Cheesecake
- Freeken Good Freekeh Salad!
- Creamy Fruit Cake
- Passionfruit and coconut cake
- Variation Clone of World's Greatest Banana Cake - quick wholemeal version
- Thai Fish Cakes (Tod mun pla)
- Cranberry, Oats and White Chocolate Biscuits.
- Grain free chocolate mud cake cupcakes
- Bounty Cake
- Double choc caramel slice
- French Chocolate Teacake
- Plant Based Nacho Cheese
- Nut butter Porridge