- 185 grams Light Evaporated Milk
- 165 grams brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 100 grams Self Raising Flour
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 185gr thickened cream
- 2 Small Bananas
Sauce- Place 185gr of evaporated milk and 55 gr of brown sugar in the bowl and cook for 15-20 mins speed 2 MC OFF. You want this to reduce to 125 mls so it thickens.
Place in a jug or container to cool. (you can prepare the sauce earlier/ day before the cake)
Step 1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees, and line a 30x 25cm swiss roll/ rectangle loaf tin with baking paper so you have wings on either side to lift the cooked cake out with.
Step 2. Put in the butterfly and the 3 eggs. Whip for 2 mins 30 seconds speed 3.
Step 3. With blades spinning on speed 3 add the 110gr of brown sugar a tablespoon at a time through the hole and ensure each spooful is mixed- take up to 2 mins to add.
Step 4. Add flour, hot water and mix 10 seconds speed 2.
Step 5. Pour into the lined tray and bake for 10 mins or until springy to touch.
Step 6. When cooked, lift it out using the paper onto a cooling rack. When cool, take it off the paper and put it onto a serving plate.
Step 7. Cut horizontally and have the base piece facing cut side up,. Spread half the cream over the base then thinly slice the bananas and place on top. Pour the cooled caramel sauce over the top. Spread the remaining cream over the other cut piece of cake and then place this on top of the caramel/ banana piece cream side down.
Step 8. Cut into 12 pieces and serve (5 pro points per serve)
Describe the preparation steps of your recipe
Sauce and Cake
Keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Strawberry and watermelon cake with vanilla cream (recipe by Nico Moretti)
- Choc mint cheese cake
- Quick fruit sponge
- Pretty in pink - ruby chocolate dessert
- Strawberry Cheesecake - no bake
- Classic chocolate fudge
- Vegan Peanut Butter/Caramel Sauce
- Green Goodness Chocolate Brownie Balls - Paleo & Vegan
- Raw Coconut Rough - paleo & vegan
- Chocolate & Peppermint Bliss Balls
- Raw Blueberry Cashew Cheesecake (Dairy Free)
- Mango, coconut and lychee icy poles
- Weight Watchers Coffee angel food cake (4pp)
- Cherry Choc Dream
- Caramel Pear and Cardamon Sorbet
- Banana Split Fruity Dream
- Avocado and Lime Sorbet
- Festive Bread
- FODMAP Friendly Tuna - Avocado Dip
- FODMAP Friendly Creamy Beef Curry
- FODMAP Gingerbread and Cranberry Biscuits
- CAB Biscuits choc,almond and beetroot
- FODMAP FRIENDLY CUSTARD