- 250 g Copha, If you can get hold of Crisco, this can be used
- 250 g unsalted butter, vegan margarine can be used instead
- 1 tsp clear vanilla extract, If not after a pure white icing, use a vanilla bean
- 1000 g icing sugar, No need to sift for use in TMX :)
- 2 tbsp Milk, vegan milk can be used instead
Recipe is created for
I thought I'd include this recipe as it's an amazing icing recipe and perfect for the Thermomix as it makes light work of Copha! I do recommend having the Copha at room temperature however, and to initially cut the block up into small pieces.
Places pieces of Copha into TMX bowl and chop on Speed 5/6 for 10 seconds or so. Add butter (also cut up into cubes) and combine together with Copha on Speed 5/6 for a few seconds until smooth. Add vanilla and the sugar a cup at a time, and use Speed 3/4 depending on how well the sugar gets integrated. The Thermomix works best when there is some liquid to assist with the movement of the ingredients so add a tablespoon of milk now. Keep combining remaining cups of sugar at various speeds until fully combined and smooth. Add remaining milk and colouring if using. For anyone wondering, even Wilton's strongest colours won't stain the TMX bowl
For best results, keep icing in the TMX bowl in refrigerator until ready to use. You can whip it up on Speed 4 for a few seconds to make it spreadable/pipable. Remaining icing can be refrigerated in an airtight container, and stored for 2 weeks. Rewhip before using.
Wilton’s Buttercream Icing
For more information and tips from other people, please refer to: Wilton's Buttercream Icing
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Best Ever Banana Cake with Frosting
- South African Milk Food - Frummel Melkkos
- Chloe’s Caramel Fudge
- Spicy Tea (Masala Chai)
- Tessas Bread Rolls
- Best Yogurt Ever TM6 fermentation mode
- Steamed Whole Snapper with Yellow Curry Sauce
- Banana chocolate muffins
- Protein Pancakes
- Chai Powder
- THERMOMUMMA APPLE & CINNAMON PORRIDGE
- Phil's Bread Rolls