- 20 g cinnamon quill, Approx 4-5 twills
- 10 g cardamom pods, Around 70 pods (bruised)
- 10 g star anise
- 10 g cloves
- 10 g fresh ginger, Diced finely
- 10 g peppercorn, black
- 80 g black tea, Loose Leaf
- 95 g honey, raw, Pure Honey
1. Place spices into bowl and dry roast - 7 min/varoma temp/speed 1
2. Mill - 24 sec/speed 7
3. Add finely diced fresh ginger and black tea and mix 5 sec/speed3
4. Add honey and mix 24 seconds/speed 3/REVERSE
5.Store in a glass jar.
Add 1 Tbsp of sticky chai mix (or more for a stronger brew) to a jug or turkish tea pot, cover with boiling water, stir well and let brew for a few minutes. (Add a good drop of honey if you like it a bit sweeter)
Add warmed milk (around 70c) to your infused mix let sit for a moment then strain into your cup.
*You can warm milk in your Thermomix -
Top with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon.
HOW TO BREW
Accessories you need
For a VEGAN chai, subsitute honey with Agave or Rice Malt Syrup.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.